The Attic
CLICK HERE FOR
Today's Posts

Go Back   Coffeerooms > A & E > NightTime TV > Army Wives

Old Posted 6.25.07, 10:21 PM
sabine69
My so-called life...

March Hare
Post I want Roland & Joan to stay together!

Who else hopes to see things work out, or am I just a hopeless romantic? When he gestured her to come to him after the standoff, I cried.
Bare Necessities SmartBargains.com
Old Posted 6.28.07, 11:39 AM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
Annie
Only an expert can deal with the problem

Bandersnatch
Re: I want Roland & Joan to stay together!

She's scaring me a little. I want them to work it out, and I think the "coming home" story is an important one to tell, but I hate to see him go through all of it. It's good, though, to see what it might be like for an Army husband, for a change. Typically, when the story is told, it's the wife dealing with a returning husband who is not the same person who went over.
Old Posted 6.28.07, 11:40 AM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
Shreelanka

Dormouse

I hope so too. This character pair is a terrific idea; a great twisting of the typical military drama setup -- and one that matches contemporary real life much more than, say, the farcical "G.I. Jill" or the brush-off "Courage Under Fire".

I hope that the Bush & Cheney families are watching. Maybe this big pretty TV-show view of Joan's life and its effect on "Joan & Rowan" will help to get a sense of what they're really doing.

Is it "Rowan" or "Roland"?
Old Posted 6.28.07, 12:55 PM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
Annie
Only an expert can deal with the problem

Bandersnatch

I had to check... he's listed as Roland.

I'm afraid that even if the Bush or Cheney families watched, it wouldn't make a dent. I think they are pretty hopeless. Maybe if their kids were directly involved...
Old Posted 6.30.07, 11:37 AM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
sabine69
My so-called life...

March Hare

Hmm ... funny how Price Harry is willing to go to war and has to be told not to ... only thing I remember the Bush twins being told not to do was stop drinking underage!

OK, I digress.

I think this series is very timely. I love that they have a woman in an officer's role, and that her husband is a professional who kept moving forward with his career and life in her absence while still keeping her in his heart. You won't see Roland at a "Joey" bar for men! I love the actor who plays him, in fact I think both the actor & actress (Joan) are outstanding in their roles. She's playing a character that is hard to trust and like ... I hope she gets an Emmy nomination, she's way better than any of the Desperate Housewives actresses. ;-)
Old Posted 8.14.07, 11:56 AM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
Jaxie

Dormouse

Didn't like her very much in the beginning, but since she's developed a personality - the last couple of shows - I'm liking her better. I, too, hope she and Roland can work things out, but they might be more interesting apart.

I love the actor who plays Roland too. What a find he is. The ensemble (Claudia Joy, Denise, Pamela, Roxy and Roland) is awesome; and so is the show.
Old Posted 8.24.07, 1:56 PM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
KrisMich

Bandersnatch

I want them together too. I'm hoping they will work things out. Mainly, I don't want Roland to go away and not be on the show anymore. I love the fact that they put an Army Husband into the mix. It really works for this show.
Old Posted 10.22.09, 5:46 PM in reply to sabine69's post "I want Roland & Joan to stay..."
D.Cabix

Treacle
Post I want Roland Joan to stay together

as we know my boyfriend is enlisted i want to enlist i have wanted to for a while he says its a bad idea and that i shouldnt i need non bi est opinion?