The Attic
CLICK HERE FOR
Today's Posts

Go Back   Coffeerooms > Health and Fitness > Diet Buddies

Old Posted 6.11.07, 7:18 AM
sable_mom4

Dormouse
Post Help !

I never liked the taste or smell of coffee and instead I became addicted to the caffeine in Pepsi. Tried the diet drinks and hated the taste. If someone has a suggestion for breaking the Pepsi addiction I would really appreciate it.
Bare Necessities SmartBargains.com
Old Posted 7.12.07, 1:24 PM in reply to sable_mom4's post "Help !"
mtj

Bandersnatch
Post Re: Help !

I'm assuming you don't like the decaffeinated, because that would be my first suggestion. The only other thing I can suggest is to wean your way off gradually, replacing the Pepsi with water in gradual doses. Be ready for some headaches, because they usually come with caffeine withdrawal. Good luck!
Old Posted 7.12.07, 2:02 PM in reply to sable_mom4's post "Help !"
Annie
Only an expert can deal with the problem

Bandersnatch
Re: Help !

Oof, that's for sure! Way back when I was pregnant with #1, caffeine was a no no, but no one told me not to go cold turkey. Oweee! I was half convinced that I had something seriously wrong with me before I talked to my OB who laughed and suggested taking it slow. I had no idea how physically addictive coffee (caffeine) is before that.
Old Posted 12.25.07, 7:14 PM in reply to sable_mom4's post "Help !"
Continuity_please

Treacle
Post Re: Help !

I had the same issue with Diet Coke...and I got off it by doing it gradually...reducing by one every few days. At my worst I was drinking 6 a day! What really worked as far as the headaches was replacing the diet coke with unsweeted ice tea...for the caffeine. Once I had the Diet Coke out of my system then I worked on the iced tea and got down to plain water pretty easily....with no headaches.
Old Posted 2.10.09, 10:23 PM in reply to sable_mom4's post "Help !"
blue_eyes

Treacle

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on here. How is everyone doing? Just reading what was being said about pepsi. When I was working I found I drank so much pepsi and ate a whole lot of chocolate. Not a good combination. I've been off for a little over a year now and have cut down drastically and wow the headaches do get bad. I just can't seem to drink alot of water though so I've been drinking some mountain dew and it doesn't seem to be as bad.
Old Posted 2.11.09, 10:34 AM in reply to sable_mom4's post "Help !"
Oda
I'd rather be rich than stupid.
Arts & Dafts
Daughter of Annie and Mike

Admin Bandersnatch

Hi blue eyes, welcome to coffeerooms!

I don't know how you all do it. I doubt I could cut back on my coffee intake without crying about it. LOL! Luckily I've never been a big soda drinker so I don't have to deal with cutting back on that.

So sable, how did the cut back go anyway? It's been awhile since that post...did you have any luck?