Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I finally went to the doctor

Post I finally went to the doctor

Went to the orthopedic dr. yesterday. Found out it's just arthritis...well bad enough, but guess it could be worse. So I got a cortizone shot, and he tells me to take aleve..which I am. I go back in 4 weeks. He said do what I feel like doing...as far as bowling..etc. I already notice a difference..the swelling is down, and it's a bit sore, but bearable. I think the shot will help. Hope so anyway. I'm off to work soon...so only time will tell standing on my feet all day. And Passion..I went to Bath and Body works Weds...gotta keep me out of there..I spend too much..lol. Was getting some goodies for daughter for Christmas. I had two coupons..so the girls let me ring them up seperately..so I could use both. Got good deals.

Post Re: I finally went to the doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmom View Post
    Went to the orthopedic dr. yesterday. Found out it's just arthritis...well bad enough, but guess it could be worse. So I got a cortizone shot, and he tells me to take aleve..which I am. I go back in 4 weeks. He said do what I feel like doing...as far as bowling..etc. I already notice a difference..the swelling is down, and it's a bit sore, but bearable. I think the shot will help. Hope so anyway. I'm off to work soon...so only time will tell standing on my feet all day. And Passion..I went to Bath and Body works Weds...gotta keep me out of there..I spend too much..lol. Was getting some goodies for daughter for Christmas. I had two coupons..so the girls let me ring them up seperately..so I could use both. Got good deals.

Glad you finally got in to see the Dr. Yep figured you'd need a cortizone shot. Hopefully with time etc. it will get better. Sounds like you have been having fun shopping. So far I've only gotten a few things for my grand kids for Christmas cause can't get out of town due to working so much and weather. Maybe I'll get a chance this coming week depending on my schedule. Take care!

I'm glad you got that cortisone shot...I got one in my hip a couple of weeks ago and it has really helped. I have arthritis too and I'm always so sore by the end of the day at work.
    BBW was crazy on Black Friday Glad to know you got to use your coupons Its a great way to save money along with the sales we have going on. I've gotten started on shopping, but still have a few more items to buy, we have to FedEx our gifts around the country, everybody lives far away.

Re: I finally went to the doctor

Julie..hope you can get out of town to shop. I don't have all my shopping done..running behind this year, but I'll get there eventually. Passionatic...glad the shot help for you. There are too tender spots around my knee when it's touched..but my leg didn't throb all night. Will just take time to heal...but I do think the shot is already showing some results.

Julie..hope you can get out of town to shop. I don't have all my shopping done..running behind this year, but I'll get there eventually. Passionatic...glad the shot help for you. There are too tender spots around my knee when it's touched..but my leg didn't throb all night. Will just take time to heal...but I do think the shot is already showing some results.
    Well glad your doing ok and I am sure you'll get the rest of your shopping done eventually. I don't know when I will get out of town it's suppose to snow tonight, tomorrow and into Monday and Tuesday which are my days off. So doubt it will be this week. Oh well. Take care!

I didn't bowl tonight..wanted to..but kept changing my mind back and forth and a friend told me...if in doubt..don't bowl. So decided to just watch and cheer them on. Terry did well..and we won three games. I'll try bowling next week.

I didn't bowl tonight..wanted to..but kept changing my mind back and forth and a friend told me...if in doubt..don't bowl. So decided to just watch and cheer them on. Terry did well..and we won three games. I'll try bowling next week.
    Well probably best you didn't. Glad they won all three games! Hope you can bowl next week. Take care!

Well..Julie..I bowled this past Tues...knee was ok. It's still sore at times..but it didn't bother me too much to bowl. I bowled pretty good too..and won three games..woo hoo.