Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: reines and catstrack...this is why women

Re: reines and catstrack...this is why women

HEY... do any of you understand English?...I'm not saying I have the answers...it should be up to those who DODGE THE BULLETS...they should decide who gets to serve...

what part of that do you not understand? you people who tear down Bush everyday come back with the WH dispelled Colin's comments?...you hypocrites... you are digging yourselves deeper and deeper... Colin's your hero when you want then you dispell him at a moment's notice...

let THEM make THEIR DECISION.. once they say OPENLY GAY MEN AND WOMEN are good...I'll say..."FINE have at it.."... until them...

IT'S THEIR CHOICE....DAMN...READ..LISTEN...

I did listen and replied to your spew about it being 'over the head of a liberal female brain'

I also gave you WOMEN examples of where they serve AND dodge the bullets and that they are respected and wanted by the military.

Is it that you want a high ranking official who says women and gays should be in the military? Then how bout Condi Rice? As Sec of State and fmr national security advisor does she count? I've not seen the Joint Chiefs of Staff or Pres Bush come out against women and gays in the military? As Commander-in-Chief, doesn't he have the last say on the matter anyway?

I'm a huge fan of Colin Powell's, but hell I'll turn his comment back on him. Wasn't so long ago WHITE MEN didn't want african-american soldiers fighting with them either. But that changed now didn't it??

By your logic we should go backwards all the way to those times and eras where being a soldier was a white man's game? Hell, it was those dodging bullets back then who made those comments too? Were they right?

But wait, I guess you aren't like others, I was wrong, you just like insulting and blowing air like all the rest. Guess that's not just a 'liberal' thing now is it?

oh yea...when all else fails, play that race card even if it deviates from the subject...always there to make you feel better...no?

no..condi's opinion does NOT count...she's not dodging bullets... Bush is against openly gay men in the military and rightfully so...

so what if a few women could perform adequately on the battlefield?..is it worth the disruption is causes 95% of the others?...all in the name of inclusion?

keep the gays and the women behind the lines in the nurses stations where they belong... wars are meant to be won with the least amount of OUR soldiers dying...

why you think someone not familiar with the battlefield should be calling those shots instead of an experienced soldier is beyond comprehension....

while sitting back and admiring the beauty of your ideas and plans, pause to check out the results occassionally...

Post Re: reines and catstrack...this is why women

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    so what if a few women could perform adequately on the battlefield?..is it worth the disruption is causes 95% of the others?...all in the name of inclusion?

keep the gays and the women behind the lines in the nurses stations where they belong... wars are meant to be won with the least amount of OUR soldiers dying... .
    So what if a few women could perform (prostitution ring female soldiers, I guess you mean...maybe not).

BE, there is a code of conduct that all military members must abide with. On the battlefield all that counts is looking out for each other. Within this code is a standard of ethics that requires all service people to abide with such. Men, women, gay, straight, regardless of ethnic origin, too. Maybe Rush never explained that to his listeners.

BTW, here's a list of the female soldiers who have given their lives for your rights!!

http://www.icasualties.org/oif/female.aspx

Majority of who died as a result of hostile circumstances.

the only thing that matters is the point that I'm making that none of you will specifically address... and that point is that the people who are on the battlefield and their direct commanders are the ones who should be making the call...NOT politicians and civilians...

now...comprende?

[quote=big easy;4839]oh yea...when all else fails, play that race card even if it deviates from the subject...always there to make you feel better...no?/quote]

You are hysterical. I'm not 'playing the race card'. I'm giving you a prime example of how those in charge have changed their minds for the good of America and its armed forces. I find it facinating that when faced with logic, as you asked for, you go back to dismissing out of hand and accuse me of deviating from the subject because you have nothing left to bring to the debate besides insults.

Your initial subject is that those on the battlefield should call the shots and that Colin Powell said women and gays don't belong in combat. I refuted that with an example from our past when others who stood dodging the bullets said that African Americans weren't allowed in combat or officer positions. And yet somehow I'm deviating?

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    the only thing that matters is the point that I'm making that none of you will specifically address... and that point is that the people who are on the battlefield and their direct commanders are the ones who should be making the call...NOT politicians and civilians...

now...comprende?
    Hey Bigeasy- How do you know that a majority of the ones serving right now don't think gays and women should also serve? Do you have any recent statistics to back that up? I know that a recent Gallup poll showed that up to 79% now support letting gays openly serve in the military. Granted, this wasn't just a poll of military people- what do you have?
    And, in the larger scope of things- I've got to disagree with you anyways. I don't think only those on the ground should be allowed to set policy- it's not the way things are done. We are not a military dictatorship. They can certainly have their preferences and wishes......and there are ample opportunities for those in power to take notice of those. But generals and soldiers in the field do not set policy for either our country or the military.

the ones dodging the bullets should be the ones making the decisions... there the ones with their lives on the line..not mine or yours... I don't care if racist mistakes were made..this is a different issue in a different time...

reines..the reason I know is that I've never talked to someone whose served in combat (and that has been LOTS), that has ever disagreed with me... and I would bet my left testicle and next paycheck that the 79% poll is nothing but a lie...I know it is.. is that 79% of combat personel or civilians?... if it is a poll of civilians, why are you even bringing it up? oh...ok I see.. you are at least admiting it was civilians.. again..why do you bring it up in light of what I've already said? that has nothing to do with my point since the beginning. I've told you what I have.. I've known plenty who've seen action..including my brother... lots of them reines...lots of them..they all say the same... you constantly distort what I'm saying... where have I said the military should run total military policy? have you not been reading what I've said? the military is to be told when and who they will engage...and what types of acts are and are not permitted... the only point I've tried to make in this thread is that when it comes to women and gays, the commanders are the ones that should decide whether or not they are good for combat preparedness..

yall have twisted things to the point that suggest I'm for jim crow, all women in the kitchen and letting the military run wild with no oversight....

git a grip.....