Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: reines and catstrack...this is why women

Post Hey guys, I think BE's point is

that the only purpose of the military is to go to war not to solve social problems. The generals who are actually down there in the battle front should be the ones making decisions about who can serve, not idealistic do-gooders back home.

Post Re: reines and catstrack...this is why women

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    reines..it doesn't matter what you or I think..it should be left up to those who dodge the bullets and what their commanders think... acting like gentlemen?..hmmm
    Sure bigeasy.........and I asked you what you base that assumption on- that a majority of those serving think gays and women shouldn't be allowed in. Do you have any polls to back that up with?
    Because I just don't think your personal experience with a few people serving can be used to back up what you're claiming.
    I'd be willing to bet that right now- most if not all of those having to serve multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan would gladly WELCOME more fellow soldiers- whether gay, women or whatever. It's just insane to look at how this administration has weakened and exhausted and abused our military.......and still think that we should ask even MORE of them!

Post Re: Hey guys, I think BE's point is

Quote Originally Posted by justkathy View Post
    that the only purpose of the military is to go to war not to solve social problems. The generals who are actually down there in the battle front should be the ones making decisions about who can serve, not idealistic do-gooders back home.
    How is letting gays and women serve solving "social problems"? The military certainly does have standards and levels of preparedness that soldiers must meet- why should one's sexual orientation be one of them? What on earth does THAT have to do with being able to carry out a soldier's duty.......or a general's orders?
    I've got my own personal feelings about women serving in battle.........but I really don't understand the other.

Re: reines and catstrack...this is why women

there are those reines, including coling powell and others in high ranking military positions who maintain the position that a flagrant homosexual is a disruptive element in a military operation... Heterosexual men do not care to be around homosexual men in certain situations... when you have to sleep next to another man for instance..you can flame all you want about homophobia and tell us all exactly how a heterosexual man SHOULD feel around a gay man naked in a shower..but you DON"T KNOW reines... and I don't know either (about being in the military or having to sleep or shower with gay men but I can tell you I would NOT like it).....I'm not saying I should make the decision... IF commanders and the majority of the grunts in the Marines want "out of the closet flaming homosexuals" lining up in the showers and sharing tight sleeping bunkers with them, SO BE IT.....

Right now though that is NOT the consensus...and I have enough common sense to respect the wishes of those who stand next to the wall protecting my freedom..... I will let THEM make the call...NOT ME, ...NOT YOU...and not somebody in the OVAL OFFICE or CAPITAL HILL whose NEVER dodged a bullet for my A$$......

CASE CLOSED...

Re: reines and catstrack...this is why women

But you still haven't given us any information or polls to back that up. Can you find the exact quote from Powell that says what you claim? And those other "high-ranking" officials?
    I don't know how straight men feel about sleeping next to gay men- but I do think that when it counts- what's most important is not the sexual preference but how well they carry out their duties. Is there any information anywhere that backs up the notion that gey men (whether flaming or subtle) are any less capable in the military than straight ones?