Thread: So much on my mind...

Post So much on my mind...

I have so much on my mind..worrying about friends and their situations. One at work..her husband is dying, and another one's husband was just arrested. Long story, that I can't discuss right now...but it's like, wow..how can people handle all that's thrown on them? This one..that her husband was arrested..it's just not in his character and his wife is a friend of mine. She shouldn't have to go through this..and the friend that's about to lose her husband, that's tough. I look at my life and others...and see we all have problems, some not in our control. It's just things that happen and we have to remember to lean on God more for understanding and to help us get through these things. I've realized I don't judge people like I use to..cause there's not a one of us that don't have problems in our lives..or dark secrets..or things that aren't right. But we learn from them right? Just trying to come to grasp with it all.

Post Re: So much on my mind...

Oh My! Its always hard to know what to say to folks when bad things are happening, but just be there for them and pray for them. Just having somebody to talk to is important(I know for me, I like to have a "listening ear", I tend to keep things bottled up inside and dont want to bother people with my problems). And yes, its keeps things in perspective...I know I think I have problems, but certainly nothing like this(I'm still depressed over my Mother's passing and my hubby is overseas right now),...so, just give your friends a phone call or send them a little hand-written note expressing concern. Hope all is OK for you...are you busy at work? We put out our Holiday decorations this week and holiday merchandise and we've been really busy(Columbus Day was really busy in the store...folks off work and all). Its nice and cool here, leaves are turning, I love this time of year. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmom View Post
    I have so much on my mind..worrying about friends and their situations. One at work..her husband is dying, and another one's husband was just arrested. Long story, that I can't discuss right now...but it's like, wow..how can people handle all that's thrown on them? This one..that her husband was arrested..it's just not in his character and his wife is a friend of mine. She shouldn't have to go through this..and the friend that's about to lose her husband, that's tough. I look at my life and others...and see we all have problems, some not in our control. It's just things that happen and we have to remember to lean on God more for understanding and to help us get through these things. I've realized I don't judge people like I use to..cause there's not a one of us that don't have problems in our lives..or dark secrets..or things that aren't right. But we learn from them right? Just trying to come to grasp with it all.
    We can't always understand why our loved ones and friends have to undergo so many hardships. But we can understand that God is able to meet our needs and see us through the hard times. Just be there for them and pray is all I can suggest. Which I know you are. And keep us posted. You know I'm praying for them. Take care.

Re: So much on my mind...

Thank you Passion and Julie. Yeah..work has been pretty busy ..but I'm getting through it. So many changes going on right now...giving work of two people to one person..grrr. But it's a job. Passionatic, I didn't know your husband was overseas..and when did your mom pass away? I'm so sorry. Julie good chatting with you today...gotta go bowling now..take care my friends.

Dragonmom it's hard to watch people go through such a tough time. It's like passion said all we can do is try to be there for them maybe listen to their problems or even ask them out for a cup of coffee or a little walk just to get away from it.
    Passion it is very hard to loose your mom. I lost my mom to breast cancer christmas of 84.I was just 23 years old than. I have never really gotten over it. It took me years to just talk about her without crying. I still miss her so very much. It really gets hard on Mother's day when everybody else talks about spending time with their moms. Or when I had my babies and then when the grandbabies startet coming. Just occassions where she was supposed to be there. I am thankful for the time I had with her which was way too short. And I try to honor her in being a good person and good mom because that's how she was. The pain does get less with time. And don't let anyone tell you how long you are allowed to grief it's something you have to do at your own pace.Here is a big hug to you!

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. My Mother's death was over 4th July weekend, it was totally un-expected. She was not sick, I had talked to her 2 days before and she was fine and on her way to shop at Kohl's. When my sister called me to tell me that Mother had passed away, I could not believe it! Mother was 88 but sharp as a tack, and very feisty and independent. We sat in her house and cried as we went through all her possessions. My sisters and I are still in shock and disbelief. Mother was a widow for 40 years, had raised the 3 of us by herself. I still want to pick up the phone and call her. I miss having her to talk to...it was hard living far away from her, but we would call and talk about the silliest things, or what the family was doing. Its important to have someone to talk to, let your friends know you are there for them...I cant imagine what they are going through.

Re: So much on my mind...

Thank you Julie, Passionatic, and coffenut. Etta Bea's husband passed away at 5:30 yesterday evening..just hours after going up to visit him. He went peacefully though and I've talked to Etta Bea and she was calm...almost at peace because she knew he was with Jesus now...and no more suffering. But one good thing..he went peacefully...no pain. But just lying there...in that hospital bed for three weeks, had to be hard to everyone, especially for the immediate family. Ladies..I know we have all lost loved ones. And so sorry about your recent loss Passionatic. I lost my father in 1999, and lost grandparents too. Plus a dear uncle recently..back in August. It's tough times..and friends do mean the world. Funeral arrangments are being made today..funeral will probably be Friday Etta Bea said. Thanks ladies for the prayers..and Etta Bea's family will still need continued prayers for the coming weeks and months. Oh...and about the other friend. She's going through a hard time with the situation with her husband, plus now he's in the hospital. I'll try to make this brief..but he had his great grandson in the car with him...had to go to the store to get his prescriptions...and he forgot his grandson in the car...just plain forgot him!! He is on so many drugs for different ailments..and we are thinking he mixed some or overdosed...that it affected his thinking. Because he's not the type to deliberatly leave his great grandson in the car. He's one year old. Anyway..they have Tom (great grandfather) in the hospital now for observation and thank God the boy is fine. A passerby..customer noticed the boy alone and called police. Which is a good thing. Tom is not like this...way out of his character..but it's very scarey. Please pray that he gets the help he needs and his poor wife (my friend) is beside herself.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Etta Bea's husband. But he is with Jesus and not suffering any more. So that is the good part. The sad part now is the grief they will experience at losing a loved one. I will be praying for them. Do hope that other chap gets some help with his medication etc. how sad he forgot his grand son! Wow! Oh well I'm sure he feels bad. Just pray he gets the help he needs. Take care!