Thread: Grass is green....

Post Grass is green....

Our grass is turning green again. We had some storms on Thurs. Don't really care for the thunder and lightning. But sometimes it happens. A boy was struck (and killed) by lightning that very day and it wasn't even raining yet where he was. They say if you hear thunder that you should get inside. The lightning can travel over several miles. We had a nice rain on Friday too without the storm, reminded me of a spring shower. Today it has been a little cooler..... we're in the low 80's. August was the hottest month that I have ever remembered.

Well where is all our friends? Must be very busy. We have several ladies missing. Must be off having FUN. They've been gone for so long they will have to re-introduce themselves.
    Oh well, maybe cold weather will bring them in.

Everyone have a great Labor Day. I am going shopping.
    Take care, CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Re: Grass is green....

Hey CJ...glad you have green because we are turning brown here in Ohio. We have had some terrible rains in other parts and towns have been flooded. Seems to be either feast or famine. So sad about the boy getting hit by lightning. I can take thunder but no lightning or high winds.
    Have no idea where everybody is. Tango told me to get my rear on here and have not heard from her since. Think she must be reading or gardening. Dagored does not like the new format and Merlot just got back from Alaska and I don't think she has been here in ages. Oh Cosmo is in CA. The rest I have no idea about.
    Labor Day was quiet here. Mike worked and I stayed around the house goofing off. Think my son and his gf are coming to stay this weekend so I will have to get busy soon. I really don't need this but will still be glad to see them.
    I am anxiously awaiting the new fall season to start on tv. There is nothing on anymore. I am also looking forward to autumn. It is my favorite time of year and I always feel more ambitious then. Think August is my least favorite. But I suppose I will be complaining about the cold before I know it.
    Off to get my salad made for dinner and then kick back and read or some such thing.
    Hugs, CC

Red face Re: Grass is green....

Hi! I haven't been around for awhile so I'm just checking in. Weather wise we (here in British Columbia) didn't have much of a summer at all... I'm hoping for a beautiful September though, ever the optimist. We had way to many rain storms in July and August and it seemed like it rained every weekend, including all the long weekends, what a bummer.

Didn't get on the computer much throughout the summer, just the odd time here and there. Just out and about and babysitting my beautiful grandkids. Hubby has been out on strike since June so we didn't get any summer holidays at all. The awful thing is that it doesn't look like it will settle any time soon, both sides have no intention of going back to the bargaining table so it sucks. We persevere.

We went into Costo in early August and they already had their Christmas stuff out, I nearly fell over! That is coming way too fast for me. I am going to start shopping soon though so I can spread out the $ and not be hit all at once. Works for me!!

Hopefully everyone else will start checking in now that summer is over and we can get this new board up and hopping again. Look forward to it.

Better fly, take care
    Penny

Post Re: Grass is green....

Same here, CJ. We keep getting torrential downpours almost nightly, which is okay after the torrid hot temps we've had for months now. My flowers are even standing back up in pride and valor and declaring they may live after all. Too late....I'm bored with trying to bring out their lovely side and have turned my back on them. Nasty plants.
    Ohhhh, wish we had a Costco here! I've been in them before and like them. Know what you mean about the Christmas alert. What's up with that? The end of August and our Sam's Club had already started putting up lighted Christmas trees. For cryin' out loud, can't we at least get Halloween out of the way?
    Well, I sound as though I'm on a rant about everything, but actually I'm in a very good mood......which I generally am.
    Have fun with those grandkids.....lucky you!

Ta ta! TT

Oh, come now CC. Just because I buggered you into getting your "rear" (a term you nicely cleaned up for me.), didn't me I was going to promptly show up. You know how busy I am these days! Well, maybe you don't know. I should stress I'm waaaaay behind on my reading, just as I normally am by the end of summer so I have this huge pile on my nightstand to work my way through.

Like you, can't wait til fall. I love autumn more than any other season. Especially since I don't work anymore and don't concern myself with winter being around the corner since I don't have to weather the....ummmm.....weather, if I don't want. If I can enjoy all my mums before the wild turkeys decide to have them as an appetizer, so much the better.

What do you think of the line-up of celebs for the new Dancing With The Stars that will be starting up this month? I'm mostly looking forward to the return of some of my favorite pro dancers. The celebs are going to have to show me their stuff. Most of them I don't even know.

Ta ta!

Hey Penny! Good to see you. Although, some of my response to you is showing up in my post to CJ. About the time I think I have this format figured out, I do something really dumb. I thought she was the one that made reference to Costco, so you'll have to read my reply to you so you'll know my thoughts on that. Duh!

What was your summer in BC like compared to what it normally is? You said you didn't have any. Ours was long and hot.....which, normally is shorter and.....less hot.

Oh, I see I also talked about your grandkids to CJ! Poor CJ probably read my reply to her and got dizzy trying to figure out what I was talking about. Oh well, you and CJ can just trade post replies and all will be well. Except that I think I gave myself a headache.

I agree with you.....I think. Correct me if I'm agreeing with CJ and not you....but, I hope now that summer is almost over the gang starts showing up here to play again. In the meantime, good luck trying to make sense out of anything I have wrote about up to this point, ok?

Ta ta! TT

CJ, look under Penny's post for most of my reply to you. This is either a confusing day or I suddenly have dyslexia, but I completely mixed your post up with each other. If you knew me in person, you'd find it all perfectly normal, eh CC?

Ta ta! Kay

Quote Originally Posted by TangoTia View Post
    Hey Penny! Good to see you. Although, some of my response to you is showing up in my post to CJ. About the time I think I have this format figured out, I do something really dumb. I thought she was the one that made reference to Costco, so you'll have to read my reply to you so you'll know my thoughts on that. Duh!

Oh, I see I also talked about your grandkids to CJ! Poor CJ probably read my reply to her and got dizzy trying to figure out what I was talking about. Oh well, you and CJ can just trade post replies and all will be well. Except that I think I gave myself a headache.

I agree with you.....I think. Correct me if I'm agreeing with CJ and not you....but, I hope now that summer is almost over the gang starts showing up here to play again. In the meantime, good luck trying to make sense out of anything I have wrote about up to this point, ok?

Ta ta! TT
    LOL, you are so funny. Well not really funny cause I do the same thing. My mind is slipping too. But look at it like this, we have ALOT stored up there.

I did go back to see what I had posted about my grandkids. Nothing this time but I will do another thread about them in a few days. I do have some things to tell about them.

I didn't mention Costco, but we have one now, it opened about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been yet. Which is better Sams or Costco???? I'm not sure it would benefit me to buy bulk or not, I've never tried.

Ya'll take care!
    C J
    Have a great day!
    CJ