Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: All Hail, Great Leader!

Post Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

The song was originally sung as part of Black History Month celebrations. The video was taken when Charisse Carney-Nunes, author of the children’s book “I Am Barack Obama,” visited the school in March, and the class reprised an earlier performance of the song. rations.

Rather than some kind of nefarious indoctrination... wasn't this just a cute way to honor the presence of this author? The songs were orginally all about honoring and recognizing famous black people- Obama was just one of them. Isn't this what Black History Month is all about?
    Again- this was distorted all out of porportion by the usual suspects- those who want to bring the Obama presidency down... just as they did Bill Clinton. People really have to recognize what's going on here... and not be so quick to fall into the manipulation.

Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

Reines, black history month or not, its about Obama and the book is about Obama. I think its a stretch to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganG;444 1
    Reines, black history month or not, its about Obama and the book is about Obama. I think its a stretch to say otherwise.
    Fair enough. But it wasn't like this teacher just decided to have the kids sing about Obama. You have to look at it in the bigger context.

And Kathy, I forget to add- who wanted to sing songs about George Bush? Seriously!

Here's one of Bushie:

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/002206/

hey genious...was this a tax payer funded public school or a pentacostal revival?

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    hey genious...was this a tax payer funded public school or a pentacostal revival?

What's the diff? Church, public schools or what ever...for Bush, Obama, etc? And for that matter when did it become off-limits for the children of America to have a simple song they could sing about the President of the United States of America?

When did this most high office of our country become one that partisan adults think that American children should shun any word or even a basic nice kid song about the President?

THIS IS WHERE WE ARE NOW!???!!! That partisan politics invades the lives of our children who, in my day we all respected the leader of the free world.

This serves none and all should be ashamed of where this country is going over the last 15-20 years when even our children who might sing a non-partisan song about the president are greeted with such vitriol from those who are filled with such hate (Bush, Obama, who name it)...

It's just stupid all of this, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    Yeah, I nearly noted that it wasn't a public school, but I figured even you could figure that one out.
    My point was that the right-wingers do the same type of slightly creepy things to their children.

BIG difference... public tax dollars vs private