Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: All Hail, Great Leader!

Post Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    So people voted for him because he wasn't Bush?
    Since when is that qualification to be The President.

Did you miss the bright, smart, well-educated part? Don't kid yourself... if it was just a matter of voting for someone other than Bush... then why wasn't McCain elected?

I voted for Obama because I think he has the qualities and abilities that we desperately need in a president. His color had nothing to do with it. John McCain was always one Republican that I liked... and could tolerate. But when push came to shove... Obama was just the better choice, IMO.

I will have DA's back on this.
    Yes, countless people ( I don't have the percentages) voted for Obama simply because he was a black man.
    Oh good.
    I'm glad we have that out of our system.
    We elected a President simply because he was black.
    Not because he was qualified.
    Not because he brought anything to the table in terms of experience.
    Just because he wasn't Republican, and he wasn't GDubyah.
    Good.
    Is everybody HAPPY now?
    Because we still don't have a qualified man in office.
    He's articulate.
    And he's hep.
    He's a likable guy.
    But he isn't qualified to run our country.
    And no one seems to care about all the personal information he hid from us before they flocked to the polls to elect him.
    But...
    Forget your troubles
    Come on get happy
    You better chase all you cares away
    Shout halleujah
    Come on get happy
    Get ready for the judgment day
    Last edited by mtj; 9.27.09 at 7:41 PM.

Obviously... millions of Americans disagree with you. Why don't you at least give him... oh, at least a YEAR in office before you expect a cure for cancer and world peace?

So people voted for him because he wasn't Bush?
    Since when is that qualification to be The President.

Yes, of course they did...that's not anything new. That was part of why people voted in the other party was because people in both parties and the independants were sick and tired of "The Decider" who made a lot of bad decisions and when the Congress was controlled by the Repbs they spent like there was no tomorrow and thought it was a good idea to resend the taxes on the 1% richest taxpayers and let the middle class bear the burden..

What made GW so good a choice in 2000? The skills he brought was owning a baseball team and getting elected governor on name recognition. A "C" student who got into Harvard, because of his dad. That made him a wise choice?

I will have DA's back on this.
    Yes, countless people ( I don't have the percentages) voted for Obama simply because he was a black man.
    Oh good.
    I'm glad we have that out of our system.
    We elected a President simply because he was black.
    Not because he was qualified.
    Not because he brought anything to the table in terms of experience.
    Just because he wasn't Republican, and he wasn't GDubyah.
    Good.
    Is everybody HAPPY now?
    He's articulate.
    And he's hep.
    He's a likable guy.
    But he isn't qualified to run our country.
    And no one seems to care about all the personal information he hid from us before they flocked to the polls to elect him.
    But...
    Forget your troubles
    Come on get happy
    You better chase all you cares away
    Shout halleujah
    Come on get happy
    Get ready for the judgment day
    So what is the qualification for a president? Perhaps someone with a great deal of time spent in Congress or the Senate, who give tribute to the lobbyists who help pay for their re-elections? This happens on both sides of the aisle, but the numbers show that wealthy lobbyists in big business put their dollars in the Republican party and that's why they don't want any health care reforms ... their money dries up if anything is passed other than benefitting the insurance companies..

Personally, being in a red state which votes overwhelmingly in national elections for Republicans and vote that way for no other reason than JUST BECAUSE they are Republicans...

so where's the common sense in that either?

GW was qualified? Look where he led the country...continuing policies to run the financial market into the ground and wasting taxpayers money on an Iraq war adventure. Great plan, huh? lol Maybe if Bush was a smart guy all on his own and not getting where he did cause of daddy recogition things might have been different.

Things most likely will turn around and are already under way. Obama's not even been in office a year, but doesn't matter cause the nay-sayers were ready to pounce even before the new guy was sworn into office and just because he's smart, trying to put things back together... doesn't mean it matters if he's black or white to the majority of Americans.

The backlash is racial when one sees signs with Obama likeness and watermelons, etc... making stupid analogies to Hitler and such.

Clearly, if the majority of whites wanted to vote for him just cause he was black... they wouldn't have voted for him if they liked someone else. or who they thought could do a better job..

But the factions of racists (not calling any here that they are) are now using the opportunity to cash in on the still alive and well racist mentality in this country. They are doing a good job in playing on the (not that everyone gets it) racial issues that some will never get beyond and hoping to discredit the first US president of color.

They don't care that Obama is a scholar and one who could have gone to work for an elite lawyer firm, but chose to do work in the inner city of Chicago for far less money than a big law firm would have paid him

So there ya are...someone who chose working for the average person...other than working for some big buck lobbyists. Had no family background to get him elected. You all pick what sounds better..

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    GW was qualified?
    I never said that.
    I don't think that.
    I didn't vote for him either.
    I don't vote for someone because of their family name.
    I don't vote for someone purely on the basis of their party affiliation.
    I don't vote to put a minority in office.
    For many years, I didn't vote at all, because I felt like it would just be casting my vote for the lesser of two evils.
    I felt that way this election too.
    It would be nice, if just once, both parties offered up legitimate, qualified candidates.
    So that you really had to think and carefully consider which one to vote for.

Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

Below is a link to the report by the census bureau.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/...ng/013995.html

Its amazing that I feel the need to defend Obama when I didn't think either party put up a good candidate nor do I feel that those in Congress are any better as a whole. There are good Senators and Congress people to be sure, but as a whole becoming a politician as a career is fraught with conflicts of interest.

This whole "is everybody HAPPY now" and "forget your troubles, c'mon get happy" just makes me want to defend him. When I don't agree with some of what he ran on or some of the agenda he's pushing.