Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail, Great Leader!

Post Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

Oh but big easy,
    he can organize the hell out of a community.
    And they flocked to the polling places.
    And voted for him.
    I am amazed at the gullibility of the American public.
    Snake oil sales must be booming these days.

MTJ, there was a lot more complicated stuff going on in the election than just adulation of Obama, although there was a lot of that. After eight years of Bush, voters were really sick of the Republican party. And McCain was not a great candidate. As much as I have problems with Obama, I don't think John McCain would have been much better. The problem lies with the Republicans as much as it does with the Democrats. If the GOP is not going to run quality candidates then they will have a hard time maintaining any credibility with the Americn public.Eight years of George proves that. It will be interesting to see what kind results we will have in next years congressional elections.
    Last edited by justkathy; 9.26.09 at 9:46 AM. Reason: spelling error

Oh, I agree JK.
    This election was so lame for me.
    The Republicans offered nothing in the way of a viable candidate, or a viable Vice-Presidential candidate.
    It was a shoe-in for the Democrats.
    Seriously, they could have put Homer Simpson out as their chosen one,
    and he would have been elected.
    I'm wondering why more people didn't opt for Independent runners.
    Anything other than the not-qualified, and he was not-qualified, Democrat...
    or the totally wrong Republican offering.
    I really fear for this country when, out of desperation,
    they elect someone who is not qualified to be the leader of our nation.

Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

Excellent post JK, I agree.

Re: All Hail, Great Leader!

As sad as this fact is most and I say MOST voted because he is black.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanangel75 View Post
    That is so not true, dylanangel. Those who MOSTLY voted for Obama did so because of a few things and NOT simply because he is black... as many of those celebrity pundit programs yack about to their sheep:

1) Eight years where the Republican party held power with a majority until 2006 anyway and then not any better!)...the population saw run-away spending and an elective war that has cost so much blood and treasure and only the sheep thought it was all a great job. But the majority saw it for what it was, so they voted for change and were sick of the good old boy status quo.

2) Black voters constitutes only 13.5 percent of the total US population, so no one can win a majority of voters with that population alone.

3) What got Obama elected was that the majority saw a bright, smart, well educated person..who didn't have to get elected just cause of name recognition... like GW did.

No one who voted for Obama thinks he is the be-all, end all...nor should anyone who votes in elections think the same of who they vote for. It's a tough position where rarely anything is easy when one has to deal with life-long politicians in Congress who's main goals are to get re-elected year after year and they could care squat about anything esle.

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    3) What got Obama elected was that the majority saw a bright, smart, well educated person..who didn't have to get elected just cause of name recognition... like GW did.
    So people voted for him because he wasn't Bush?
    Since when is that qualification to be The President.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanangel75 View Post
    Huh? You really think that? Does that include the millions of white Americans who voted for him?

The Republican party will never get back into power if they don't start facing reality.