Thread: "Climate change' is more complicated than we think

Post "Climate change' is more complicated than we think

This summer the U.S. had record low temperatures.
    http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...mmerstats.html

And althouth the southwestern states had less than average precipitation the northeastern had above average'

So it's not nessesarily global warming going on. Perhaps the climate is too complicated to predict.

Re: "Climate change' is more complicated than we think

the earth has been going through climate change millions of years before man ever walked the earth... I´ve read reports that show that even more dramatic changes in shorter periods of time many times before we even discovered fire...

the warmers are only wanting to suck wealth from us all in the name of junk science based on flawed computer models.. they are well organized and it is scary that they can eventually do what they want to do which is enrich themselves and obtain power over free people..

I saw where Africa wants to start receiving 96 billion per year from the world banks to combat the global warming that the rest of the world is causing ... saying that they will be destroyed by the rest of the polluting world if they don't start getting the money...

we started with global warming... then that started to break down because the earth started to cool and then it went to climate change... the people started catching up to that load of crap when the money trail started to be followed and now we are calling it clean energy legislation that if enacted, will be the biggest tax hike in world history..

the senate has already said that the bill in its present form will not be passed... wow...with all this lopsided power they have right now, makes one wonder ...

if it fails to go thru, what will they re-name it this time?

Post Re: "Climate change' is more complicated than we think

Sigh... Here we go again. I'm not sure how many times we have to explain that the effects of global warming mean much more than just how warm (or cool) any one summer is.
    The reason we experience more rain and cooler temperatures during global warming is only because the atmosphere and oceans are still (thankfully) following basic physical principles.
    As the increased warm air at the Equator moves poleward (by ocean currents and hurricanes) it displaces the colder air at the pole.
    The colder air has no place to go except south, especially over land masses. (The air flow over the oceans tends to be northward.)
    When that cold air meets the warmer air coming northward, a greater-than-average degree of storminess develops. As a consequence, we have more frequent and more violent storms, more tornados, rain, even snow, and flooding.
    This increas in warm air that causes all this at the Equator is surely (according to 99.8% of the world's best scientists and climatologists) the result of mankind's burning of fossil fuels that have increased the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere by nearly 40% over the past three hundred years.
    Yes, Kathy... climate change is more complicated than we think... and especially more complicated than the simplistic "Oh, it's cooler this summer, so global warming is a lie" mantra that we hear so often!

so I assume you are all on board with africa´s 96 billion per year request?

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    so I assume you are all on board with africa´s 96 billion per year request?
    Huh? Please explain.

3rd paragraph

I'd have to read more about that... I'm not familiar with it. Of course... Africa always wants money from the west!