Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Post Inglourious Basterds

Saw this one last night - I liked it quite a bit. My biggest issue with it was that Quentin Tarantino the director is so in love with Quentin Tarantino the writer that he can't stop listening to his own words. The movie desperately needed some editing. It was 2.5 hours long - a 30 minute trim would have made the movie amazing. As it stood, it was just solidly good.

It's an over-the-top spaghetti western-type Jewish Nazi revenge film satire - if that makes any sense! Brad Pitt was funny, but for me, Christoph Waltz stole the show playing Nazi Colonel Hans Landa. I could easily see a Best Supporting Actor nod for him come Oscar season.

I'd give it a solid B+ - coulda been an "A" with a little editing.

Post Re: Inglourious Basterds

I actually didn't even notice how long the movie was until I looked at my watch at the end..totally ridiculous, over-the-top, hilarious, only Tarentino could pull a movie off like this. And I agree with you about the actor who played Hans...amazing.

Re: Inglourious Basterds

I also saw this last night and it easily ranks as the worst Tarantino movie i've seen. In my eyes he's been on the decline for years, and here we have an overly long, talky, talky war movie, thats incredibly short on action and has only a few memorable characters as one of its plus points.

It was as close as i've came to walking out of a movie in all honesty. I looked at my watch, and including the trailers id been in the cinema over 2 hours, and the movie still had around 40 minutes to go -which was another 40 mins of talking btw. Ill probably never watch it again and I don't think Tarantinos name will be enough for me anymore. Anything from him in the future will really need to be backed up by impressive reviews before I fork out my cash.