Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL Michael Vick and dog fighting ring..

Post NFL Michael Vick and dog fighting ring..

Seems like there are some out in support for him...big NFL star and all....saying that dog fighting (which is illegal in most states) is no different than those who hunt?????

Well, goomba as I am, I think there's plenty of slaughter houses that produce meat for those who eat meat and to make the comparison of dog fighting/cock fighting...blood sports is ridulous! Breeding animals for blood sports is horrible! Hanging, electrocuting, drowning dogs who don't perform is beyond measure.

Of course, it's my opininon, too...back to hunting, slaughter, etc., that those who eat meat should raise their own animals. Not a member of PETA and don't plan to be, but if most knew how animals are killed for meat counter produce...like cattle, who are social herd animals, not unlike elephants who greet new baby members and who know scents of other herd members....

Dogs, cats, they are the ones who humans upgrade to pet status and it's hard to understand how in this, plus many other instances, dog fighting among some, seems to be tolerated. Vick is out, but he's not alone in this type of blood sport.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&gt1=10347

Re: NFL Michael Vick and dog fighting ring..

Last I knew, people who hunt don't torture animals........and they don't set them against each other for monetary gain either. It's really sad to see the ridiculous lenghts some will go to to try to excuse this.
    IMO you can tell an awful lot about people by how they treat animals.....and those who participate in dogfighting are beneath contempt. Vick doesn't strike me as being all too bright- not that it takes even much intelligence to know that you musn't abuse animals....or be cruel to living things on purpose. Unfortunately, professional sports today seems to be filled with thugs like Vick. Did you catch his "apology" today? How convenient- a lame apology once you're caught........after weeks of lying and abusing your friends. Let's hope he has plenty of time behind bars to meditate on his crime.

Post Re: NFL Michael Vick and dog fighting ring..

Yes...I did see Vick's apology after, as you point out, he's denied involvement for weeks. Interesting too is that he still says he never betted on the fights which would have banned him (aka: Pete Rose in BB) from playing ever again.

Nice touch too that Vick added he had a come to Jesus revelation (like convicted people do when jail is appoaching or politicians name-dropping Jesus or God for votes).

Ironic for Vick that God spelled backwords is dog!

"Ironic for Vick that God spelled backwords is dog!" LOL!
    And I think it's disgusting that he hasn't been permanently fired from pro football!

There's a reason for him not being fired. Atlanta needs to recoup some of the millions they have paid him in signing bonuses. If they drop him from the roster they can't file a claim with insurance and recoup some of the cash. So he'll be listed as a suspended player until they can get the legal stuff all straightened out. That's what I've read anyway.

Could be, Megan. This legal problem with Vick must be a difficult issue for the owners to figure out with the signing bonuses and how to proceed. It's lots of buckazoids they have offered over the terms of the contract with Vick.

Post Re: NFL Michael Vick and dog fighting ring..

Quote Originally Posted by MeganG View Post
    There's a reason for him not being fired. Atlanta needs to recoup some of the millions they have paid him in signing bonuses. If they drop him from the roster they can't file a claim with insurance and recoup some of the cash. So he'll be listed as a suspended player until they can get the legal stuff all straightened out. That's what I've read anyway.
    Yep, it's always about money in the end, isn't it? Sigh.........I'm not really into professional football. My husband (who is) said it has to go through the legal process first also......but he didn't explain the details you did. Thanks.

I only knew because I've been following this story. In this case I'm glad its about the money and the Falcons are trying to reclaim the cash. I will say it has shown there are some groups out there that showed their true agenda. Though they were small, there were some playing the race card saying he got off worse than a white player would have. I'm glad the broader media didn't pick that up. Why anyone could be involved with that kind of brutality is beyond me.