Thread: When it rains, it.......well, rains!

Post When it rains, it.......well, rains!

I know I've complained a few times about the drought conditions we have here and how everything is burning up, burning out or just burning. Well, sooner or later we had to have some sort of relieve, but don't know why the weather goddesses decided to drop everything on us at once. Holy moly! We had a tornado warning for our area, hail warning, flash flood warning and a "stay the heck off the interstate" warning. The tornado danced around us....barely....I believe by the sheer force of my terror which kept it at bay.
    The hail did hit, somewhere in the golfball size but only a few thousand hit our house. Six inches of rain in about 1/2 hrs. time reported just a couple miles from us but we only had somewhere around 1 1/2". And who knows where the flash floods are....hopefully not in my backyard. I was barely able to get my roommate to worry with me since we was trying to watch a football game despite all the weather warnings dancing all over the TV screen. He needs to work on his tunnel vision.

Change of subject, now that So You Think You Can Dance is over (sob!), I was happy with Sabra winning. What a dancer! But, I liked all of them in the final four. Dominick and Sara I loved but knew they wouldn't make it to the end. They were just so cute and adorable. Pasha....OMG! How did he not make it to the final four? Any opinions?

Big Brother.....I know some people like Evil Dick for the entertainment value, but personally I want to hit the mute button when it even looks like he's going to open his mouth. Nobody this season has even got me interested enough care who wins. Why am I watching? How do you not watch a train wreck? Those are my latest TV musings.

Checking out now.........

Ta ta! Kay

Re: When it rains, it.......well, rains!

Goodness TT, thats ALOT of rain in a short time. Hope your don't have a pond in your back yard. We're still dry here. I've done the rain dance and washed the car in hopes of that bringing rain. None yet. The grass in the pasture is dying and the leaves are falling off some trees. Way too early for that to be happening. When we do get rain, it'll probably be a gully washer. LOL.... and don't won't to see the golf ball size hail neither.

Big Brother....I am just waiting for evil dick to be gone. He has one nasty mouth. I'm still not sure who I want to win, just not dick..

Do you watch Survior??? There's a girl from Spartanburg going to be on there. I may have to watch some of that this time to see how she does.
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Post Re: When it rains, it.......well, rains!

Whew, we lucked out! Storm was so horrible within a few miles all around us and we got the least of it. Must have been all my whining that kept it at bay. Go easy on your rain dance CJ, you may get more than you hoped for!

We must be in the minority not annoyed by Evil Dick. I saw on the popularity poll on Big Brother's web site where he's far and away the most popular. How in heck did that happen? Yes, I watch Survivor every season although it's another show I keep saying I'm never watching again. Of course I do. Well, I'll keep an eye out for your girl from Spartanburg. You may have to give a heads up about the time the show is due to start, 'cause I tend to forget everything.

Ta ta! TT

Well, it was dry here all summer too then - boom, it's rained the past 11 out of 12 days. All the brown, dead stuff on the ground turned back to green. Even my sad looking planters perked up a bit although the marigolds are gonners - burnt right up.

Spent the evening at the local high school for freshmen orientation. I'm the co-president of the Parent Club so I handed out flyers urging folks to eat at a local pizzaria so we could get 25% of their sales to fund our schemes. We joined the Athletic Booster Club and the FFA Alumni in addition to my responsibilities of being Queen Bee of the school (there was no bee symbol so I'll just use the queen one - sorry Cosmo) so I'll probably be so busy I'll never make it here again. My feet hurt and my nose is stuffy because I'm lergic to ragweed and with all this rain it's popping up like crazy spewing its villainous pollen right up my nose. Haven't watched any tv but I'm up to 2005 with my Newsweeks.

love,
    e (I'm too fried to type out my whole name) Man, I need one of those spa vacation where they rub your feet and fan you with one of those big feather things.
    My little Marshall

Hi there "E". So sad when you're too tired to write out your whole name.....all 5 letters of it! It's alright, I completely understand. If you want a foot rub along with some pampering, You need to go have a pedicure. My daughter treated me to one and the two of us went together. I loved the massaging so much I embarressed her because I made so much noise it sounded as though I was having an orgasim. She vowed never to go with me again! I do love having my feet and calfs rubbed.

Don't know how you manage your life and still have energy at all. My goodness, I had teenagers when I was young and barely lived through it. You'll make it through. Probably.

Good luck!

Re: When it rains, it.......well, rains!

EZ!
    'I need one of those spa vacation where they rub your feet and fan with one of those big feather things.'
    Me too!
    Go girl!
    Liz x

Quote Originally Posted by TangoTia View Post
    If you want a foot rub along with some pampering, You need to go have a pedicure. My daughter treated me to one and the two of us went together. I loved the massaging so much I embarressed her because I made so much noise it sounded as though I was having an orgasim. She vowed never to go with me again! I do love having my feet and calfs rubbed.

LOL, goodness I love to have my feet and ankles rubbed too. But I think thats a stay-at-home thing for me. I would probably embarress someone too.
    Have a great day!
    CJ