Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 11

Thread: Good Thursday morning to all

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Posts
    1,196

    Post Good Thursday morning to all

    Seems we just don't have time on here much do we? Wanted to stop by and say hello. Things are sooo HOT here...I'm ready for Fall weather, but in Louisiana..that's going to be a while yet! Been doing some late spring cleaning..ha ha. Got in the spare bedroom and this computer/junk room ..threw out, boxed up and re organizing closets. I am bringing some stuff to Good will today. We have one close and it's very nice..and set up well. Hope everyone has a good day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    754

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmom View Post
    Seems we just don't have time on here much do we? Wanted to stop by and say hello. Things are sooo HOT here...I'm ready for Fall weather, but in Louisiana..that's going to be a while yet! Been doing some late spring cleaning..ha ha. Got in the spare bedroom and this computer/junk room ..threw out, boxed up and re organizing closets. I am bringing some stuff to Good will today. We have one close and it's very nice..and set up well. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Good Monday Dragsy! I hope you got all your spring cleaning done! I've been busy with family all weekend! So haven't had time to get on the computer. But have time this morning. Yep we are all having a very hot summer! It was nice to be up in the mountains where it was cool this weekend. But I got a lot of misquito bites! Yikes! Bugs are out thick this year. Take care!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    1,250

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Hi there...we are enjoying a nice cool spell here in the Midwest...we have the windows open this morning, it feels good. Cleaning out closets and organzing the house always makes me feel good...like I've accomplished something. The past couple of weeks have been hard for me...my Mother passed away unexpectedly on July 2. I flew home to Atlanta to be with my sisters. We are still in shock...my Mother was 88 but in good health, lived alone and took care of herself, sharp as a tack, drove herself everywhere...she died of a Heart attack...we could not believe it! I'm still having a hard time with it...I had talked to Mother 2 nights before and she sounded fine.
    My sister who lives in Atlanta had gone over to check on her and found her slumped over the kitchen table. She wanted to be cremated and later in the year we will take her ashes to the Smokey Mountains where she was born. I'm still heartbroken.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    754

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Passionatic View Post
    Hi there...we are enjoying a nice cool spell here in the Midwest...we have the windows open this morning, it feels good. Cleaning out closets and organzing the house always makes me feel good...like I've accomplished something. The past couple of weeks have been hard for me...my Mother passed away unexpectedly on July 2. I flew home to Atlanta to be with my sisters. We are still in shock...my Mother was 88 but in good health, lived alone and took care of herself, sharp as a tack, drove herself everywhere...she died of a Heart attack...we could not believe it! I'm still having a hard time with it...I had talked to Mother 2 nights before and she sounded fine.
    My sister who lives in Atlanta had gone over to check on her and found her slumped over the kitchen table. She wanted to be cremated and later in the year we will take her ashes to the Smokey Mountains where she was born. I'm still heartbroken.
    Passionatic I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's death! I can relate as I've lost both my father and my mother. I know it becomes hard when they are in good health etc. my dad was the same way in good health and having fun had his annual check up and then boom! He was gone from another major heart attack! Some times God choses to take our loved ones home. Just know eventually God will give you the reason why and give you comfort. He did with me on both my mother and father. But it is hard and your grieve for a long time. I still think of them both so fondly after all these years! Hang in there and my prayers go up to you and your family at your loss! Take care!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    1,250

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Thanks so much Julie...I appreicate the kind thoughts. I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief...everyday I want to pick up the phone to tell Mother something and then realize I cant... Sigh~~
    Are are you feeling?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    754

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Passionatic View Post
    Thanks so much Julie...I appreicate the kind thoughts. I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief...everyday I want to pick up the phone to tell Mother something and then realize I cant... Sigh~~
    Are are you feeling?
    Passionatic that is where God comes in you can talk to him and give him your feelings. And in some way I believe he takes that message to our loved ones in heaven. Never forget we have that ability to take our issues to God and to let him know our concerns. He also brings people into our lives too. So depend on close family members and also friends whom you can trust. It's not the same as your mother but it's close. Take care and I'm still praying for you!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    2,566

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Hi everybody!
    Dragonmom we are having unusually cool and wet weather. well by cool I mean between 85 and 95 degrees. It usually is much hotter here. I hate the cooler weather. It seems ever since we opened the pool the weather has gone bad. My son and I spent more time trying to keep the pool ,clean than actually enjoying it. So I want more hot weather !Lol
    Passion I am sorry about your mom passing away. it doesn't matter how old we are we are never ready to loose our moms.My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Julie how are you doing? Haven't seen you around in a while.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    754

    Post Re: Good Thursday morning to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffenut View Post
    Hi everybody!
    Dragonmom we are having unusually cool and wet weather. well by cool I mean between 85 and 95 degrees. It usually is much hotter here. I hate the cooler weather. It seems ever since we opened the pool the weather has gone bad. My son and I spent more time trying to keep the pool ,clean than actually enjoying it. So I want more hot weather !Lol
    Passion I am sorry about your mom passing away. it doesn't matter how old we are we are never ready to loose our moms.My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Julie how are you doing? Haven't seen you around in a while.
    Hey Coffenut! Sorry to hear the weather has been so cool you can't swim comfortably. Hope that changes. We are experiencing cooler temperatures here this week. But you know I love that cause I'm a cool person and love it to be cooler any ways. Rain is in the forcast so everything will stay nice and green. Which doesn't bother me at all either. LOL Hope things get better for you on the temps though!

    I have been busy with work etc. all summer and visiting family and going to the mountians once. I got a promotion at work and when my boss comes back will be training for that! I'm soo excited about it. Hope I can do well and make more money! I want to get my own place again is why! Any ways. Hope all stays well with everyone. I should see my Cancer DR.'s in August and see what is up with that still. Pray it goes well! Take care!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •