Thread: Hello everyone! Sorry...I've not been in for a while.

Talking Hello everyone! Sorry...I've not been in for a while.

Things have been pretty busy for me. Since the surgery, I've had to take things easy and have not been able to do what I generally do. Basically, my independence was taken away, but things are getting so much better. I am now able to walk several minutes without feeling pain. I feel wonderful, especially of a morning, and am working on getting my classroom cleaned out. My summer is shot because of this.

I am also moving to the 4th grade and have inherited 33 years worth of resources, etc. As to my reference above...I am spending weekdays working the room cleaning, sorting, and trying to figure out what I'm going to keep. The trash company will not like me when I'm all said and done. My maintenance crew just laughs at the bags I have sitting outside the room already. But I'm enjoying going through the "stuff." LOL!

I'm devastated with the deaths of Farrah Faucett and Michael Jackson. Farrah's was expected (sooner or later - we'd hope later), but for Michael - I pray he is at peace and happy with himself, at last. His comment at one time was he didn't like what he saw in the mirror. Although the last few years were questionable for him, the man was so talented - beyond anything we'll ever see again.

With that being said, I'll get off of here and head home. I can't seem to get Coffeerooms to load very fast anymore. It takes about 5 minutes for the page to come up, and I get annoyed so I give up.

Take care everyone! Hopefully, I can post sooner.

MzzJan

Post Re: Hello everyone! Sorry...I've not been in for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MzzJan View Post
    Things have been pretty busy for me. Since the surgery, I've had to take things easy and have not been able to do what I generally do. Basically, my independence was taken away, but things are getting so much better. I am now able to walk several minutes without feeling pain. I feel wonderful, especially of a morning, and am working on getting my classroom cleaned out. My summer is shot because of this.

I am also moving to the 4th grade and have inherited 33 years worth of resources, etc. As to my reference above...I am spending weekdays working the room cleaning, sorting, and trying to figure out what I'm going to keep. The trash company will not like me when I'm all said and done. My maintenance crew just laughs at the bags I have sitting outside the room already. But I'm enjoying going through the "stuff." LOL!

I'm devastated with the deaths of Farrah Faucett and Michael Jackson. Farrah's was expected (sooner or later - we'd hope later), but for Michael - I pray he is at peace and happy with himself, at last. His comment at one time was he didn't like what he saw in the mirror. Although the last few years were questionable for him, the man was so talented - beyond anything we'll ever see again.

With that being said, I'll get off of here and head home. I can't seem to get Coffeerooms to load very fast anymore. It takes about 5 minutes for the page to come up, and I get annoyed so I give up.

Take care everyone! Hopefully, I can post sooner.

MzzJan
    Jan, I hope and pray little by little you'll have more movement and less pain! I emythize with you as I've been there. Hope your class room is back in order soon.

As for the Micheal Jackson thing I've seen it now for about 5 days. They had hardly little to say about Farah Fawcett which saddens my heart. Micheal was a major icon. But put it to rest folks! Give it up! I mean they keep going on and on about it. Yes there is so much to say. But let the families just grieve and move on with their lives. Also feel sorry for his kids because they have no resources now and may be broke. Well with that said I pray for the family and their circumstances. And wish the Media would just shut up!

Re: Hello everyone! Sorry...I've not been in for a while.

Yes...the media has definitely taken hold of this mess. Typical of a Jackson event. I pray his children are being sheltered from all of it. I'm glad Katherine was granted temporary custody. She appears to have the level head in the family. The interview I seen of Papa Joe...he's fruitier than Michael!!!

Farrah's death was overshadowed, and honestly... probably for the best. The family can be in peace.

Hi Jan: glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope the Heat has not been too bad for you, it makes me Tired...but luckily the Heat has broken here in Indiana and we have a nice breezy 70s day here. Sounds like a lot of work cleaning up your classroom, dont over-do it.
    We went to our niece's wedding in Hawaii...it was lovely but really HOT out there too! And I'm a white-knuckle flier, I hate it, especially over the Ocean! I'm glad to be Home

Quote Originally Posted by Passionatic View Post
    Hi Jan: glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope the Heat has not been too bad for you, it makes me Tired...but luckily the Heat has broken here in Indiana and we have a nice breezy 70s day here. Sounds like a lot of work cleaning up your classroom, dont over-do it.
    We went to our niece's wedding in Hawaii...it was lovely but really HOT out there too! And I'm a white-knuckle flier, I hate it, especially over the Ocean! I'm glad to be Home
    Wow lucky you! Got to go to Hawaii. Never been there would love to some day though. Sorry to hear your afraid of flying. Doesn't seem to bother me that much. Well glad you made it back and had fun!

Re: Hello everyone! Sorry...I've not been in for a while.

And we can't forget about Ed McMahon..and then the latest..the guy that did all those infommercials...can't recall his name..but know the face! He had an incident something like Natasha Richardson. Had a rough flight somewhere..the landing was bad..sorry Passion..you don't care about flying..don't need to hear this I guess. Something hit him on the head really hard...said he was ok..but didn't make it through the night. That's four celebrities in one week. And next I"m afraid might be Patrick Swayze..so sad about all of them.
    MzzJan..hope you feel better and good luck with your new grade you'll be teaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmom View Post
    And we can't forget about Ed McMahon..and then the latest..the guy that did all those infommercials...can't recall his name..but know the face! He had an incident something like Natasha Richardson. Had a rough flight somewhere..the landing was bad..sorry Passion..you don't care about flying..don't need to hear this I guess. Something hit him on the head really hard...said he was ok..but didn't make it through the night. That's four celebrities in one week. And next I"m afraid might be Patrick Swayze..so sad about all of them.
    MzzJan..hope you feel better and good luck with your new grade you'll be teaching!!
    Yes it so sad hearing about all these celebrities passing away and also the informercial guy too! So sad. But what really gets to me is the coverage Micheal Jackson is getting over the others. Are they not as important? I guess not as constantly it's about him and I guess it was quoted as him saying he wanted to go out like Elivis. Well he did! Wow weird huh? Well we will be hearing about Micheal more than any of them. I'm sure the families appreciate it though as they are being left alone because of it mainly. So that part is good. But you may be right about Patrick Swayze being next who knows? We shall see!