It's a pretty day here and perfect for listening to the ol' timey banjo and fiddle of the "Carolina Chocolate Drops".

I have to pick and choose among the cuts as, to me, it seems like there's only about half an album here. But when you find the cuts you like, its a sunny, fun delight.

The first 5 cuts are almost identical in sound and feel, so just pick the one you like. There's a twist or two in there, so don't skip over them just because of my moaning. For the fun of it catch the "Them Changes" riff, as a banjo-&-fiddle two-step pulled out of "Little Sadie".

Once you get past the first five -- and pick out one of those that you like -- you come to some different stuff. A capella "Little Margaret" is sweet and plaintive and pulls on you like soft summer humidity.

On the album it's a strange but happy seque that brings an instrumental version of "Dixie" that sounds like John Hartford may be ahaunting here. That's worth a play anytime.

The rest of the album has a couple more hits and a couple more repeats of the earlier frailing, stomping dance-round-the-fire thing that the band loves so much. But, pick your favorites from the bunch for download from Amazon or iTunes and you're gonna have a nice time.

More...