Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Much Needed Prayers

Re: Much Needed Prayers

Hi All. Have an update on keegan from his Mom. He is still unconcious but they can see some differences and he appears at times to be looking at them although not focusing. All in all things seem to be going forward, although very slowly. This is what Sally had to say...
    "Today a permanent shunt was put into his head and all other drains removed. A huge step. This pipework will stay with him for life. the pipe runs from his head into his neck into his sternum and the excess brain fluid that he does not need, empties into the stomach
    It would appear that there are many people out there that have shunts. Rugby, even touch rugby is out of bounds,as any jolt will not be a pleasant feeling but could cause a blockage and further damage."

A really long haul for this very special boy, please keep up the prayers, I know he will overcome this with help from God and all of us. xxxx

Post Re: Much Needed Prayers

Quote Originally Posted by Lynjay View Post
    Hi All. Have an update on keegan from his Mom. He is still unconcious but they can see some differences and he appears at times to be looking at them although not focusing. All in all things seem to be going forward, although very slowly. This is what Sally had to say...
    "Today a permanent shunt was put into his head and all other drains removed. A huge step. This pipework will stay with him for life. the pipe runs from his head into his neck into his sternum and the excess brain fluid that he does not need, empties into the stomach
    It would appear that there are many people out there that have shunts. Rugby, even touch rugby is out of bounds,as any jolt will not be a pleasant feeling but could cause a blockage and further damage."

A really long haul for this very special boy, please keep up the prayers, I know he will overcome this with help from God and all of us. xxx
    I know it will be an up hill battle for him and his family. My prayers go out to them as they struggle each day with this and I pray that God heals him and comforts his family.

Oh poor kid..such a long road to recovery..but he is making headway..and thank the Lord he's still with them! That's what's important. I'll keep praying.

Thank you all for your prayers for Keegan. I have had an update from his Mom. Although there is still a long road to follow, things are moving forward in small steps. I do believe that Keegan is not coming out of the coma purely so that his body can heal with the least amount of pain and discomfort and that he will open his eyes when he, and the Lord, is ready. Here is the latest news :
    "Doctors at MilPark Hospital have now approved Keegan’s discharge from hospital, so investigations are underway to identify the most suitable rehab. home for him.
    Whilst this is all positive, it DOES NOT signify any sudden improvement in his condition. The doctors have now said that there is nothing more that they can do for him medically, and therefore the various therapists must swing into action. He remains in a coma for most of the time, only waking up occasionally, with very limited response, for brief spells.
    They have had him sitting up but found that he was not so comfortable in this position, even experiencing more difficulty in opening his eyes than when he is prone.
    However, he is off all machines, living on his own, and his trachea incision is virtually healed over. His arms have responded to the Botox injections are now not so firmly clasped up towards his throat".

Quote Originally Posted by Lynjay View Post
    Thank you all for your prayers for Keegan. I have had an update from his Mom. Although there is still a long road to follow, things are moving forward in small steps. I do believe that Keegan is not coming out of the coma purely so that his body can heal with the least amount of pain and discomfort and that he will open his eyes when he, and the Lord, is ready. Here is the latest news :
    "Doctors at MilPark Hospital have now approved Keeganís discharge from hospital, so investigations are underway to identify the most suitable rehab. home for him.
    Whilst this is all positive, it DOES NOT signify any sudden improvement in his condition. The doctors have now said that there is nothing more that they can do for him medically, and therefore the various therapists must swing into action. He remains in a coma for most of the time, only waking up occasionally, with very limited response, for brief spells.
    They have had him sitting up but found that he was not so comfortable in this position, even experiencing more difficulty in opening his eyes than when he is prone.
    However, he is off all machines, living on his own, and his trachea incision is virtually healed over. His arms have responded to the Botox injections are now not so firmly clasped up towards his throat".
    Lynjay this is a long haul thing. I have a friend who's daughter has been paralized for a year now. They are just finally getting ready to do surgery to remove some things etc. and add more things to make her life more comfortable. I pray only that Keegan will have the best help possible and give his family the strength to deal with all this. And his possible complete healing as well! Amen. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Lyn...so sorry it's been so long since coming in here. Seems time gets away from me and I can't keep up with things. Thank you for the update on Keegan..and though there is some progress..I know he and his family have a tough road ahead. I'll keep him in prayer and wanted you to know I haven't forgotten..just not enough time in teh day it seems to come in here.