Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Much Needed Prayers

Post Re: Much Needed Prayers

Hi All. Firstly thank you for your prayers and support. Have had an email from Keegan's Mom and it seems like it is going to take quite a bit longer than they first anticipated to wake him up successfully, but, together with prayer and faith, I am sure he will get there. This is the situation at the present time...
    "This week has seen efforts to gradually reduce Keegan’s medication. He has responded with very slight movement, but remains on reduced levels of sedation and adrenalin. The risk of infection continues to rank high on the agenda.
    I do not think that he is able to wake up yet...Nor do I think he really wants to ... it is sore ..but sedation is nearly off and all other drugs are finished. There is vague flickering of eye lids and twitching of mouth ... but there is nobody home yet!... he is still sedated and unconscious.
    However, he is still on a respirator because he needs to be, but we have seen that he is able to take gasps. That does not mean that he is able to do it all by himself, but it shows that he is getting there. He still needs as much help as possible to ensure that he heals well.
    His arms move...slowly... because he is now growing and reconnecting nerve endings and getting them to work. Everything is slow, but the messages are getting there... slowly... but he is still not using them with intent because he is not awake yet."

[COLOR=#000 ][/color]

Re: Much Needed Prayers

Thahk you for the update. Will continue to pray. Will be a long road to recovery but with much faith and prayers, I do believe he'll get there.

Lynjay slowly this young man will come around. It will be difficult for him but he should be able to do it. I pray that all goes well for him and his family during this process. Thanks for the up date.

Have an update on Keegan from his mom. Sounds more encouraging, a long haul but at least there are more positive signs.

"He is off everything except the respirator which is helping him now and not doing it for him. No sedation and no adrenaline. This is now cold turkey. We see he is coming out when the heart beat and breathing increases. We have to speak very slowly and clearly and have come to realise that he acknowledges us when he yawns and swallows. The after 3 mins he falls into a deep sleep for another hour on his own.

so there is progress! please keep up the prayers." love, Sally

Thanks to you all, will keep you updated. Prayer is a powerful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynjay View Post
    Have an update on Keegan from his mom. Sounds more encouraging, a long haul but at least there are more positive signs.

"He is off everything except the respirator which is helping him now and not doing it for him. No sedation and no adrenaline. This is now cold turkey. We see he is coming out when the heart beat and breathing increases. We have to speak very slowly and clearly and have come to realise that he acknowledges us when he yawns and swallows. The after 3 mins he falls into a deep sleep for another hour on his own.

so there is progress! please keep up the prayers." love, Sally

Thanks to you all, will keep you updated. Prayer is a powerful thing.
    You know this is so encouraging for them! I will continue to pray his daily activities will improve. In time he won't need all that and God can and will heal him completley!

It sounds like a long road ahead of him, but very positive things are happening. Will continue to pray for him.

Thanks. I will update here whenever I hear from Sally (his Mom). She sometimes goes a few weeks without any news, but I will keep you in the loop every time I hear from her.

OK please do! I anxious to hear how he is recovering so I know how to pray.