Hi all! My name is Donna and Im working with the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). I tried contacting the admin about posting here, but didnt get a response so hope this is okay! Im here because I think parents in the community would be interested in some information about braces and orthodontists!

A lot of parents want to know if and when their child might need braces here are some early signs that may indicate the need to see an orthodontist:

Early or late loss of baby teeth
Difficulty in chewing or biting
Mouth breathing
Speech difficulties
Crowded, misplaced or blocked out teeth
Jaws that shift or make sounds
Biting the cheek or roof of the mouth
Grinding or clenching of the teeth
Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face

The American Association of Orthodontists is a resource for parents to learn more about orthodontic treatments and provides general tips on how to achieve healthy, beautiful smiles, get braces-friendly recipes, and find an orthodontist near you by using the Find an Orthodontist Locator service.

Why should you choose an orthodontist? Orthodontists receive an additional two-to-three years of specialized education beyond dental school to learn the proper way to align and straighten teeth.
If anyone or their children has had braces, please post a comment and share your experiences!

Thanks!
Donna
donna@americanpopinc.com