I've had a difficult couple of days, nothing major but enough to frustrate the hell outta me. First my laptop ran out of hard drive space which means I currently have nowhere to put my photos until I buy an external hard drive...which means just one more thing on that list of "to buy" that I can't afford.

Then when I got up yesterday (my day off) I realized I left my laptop power adapter at work...which meant I either had to go to work on the one day I don't want to see that place or risk getting no work done. I went to work.

Then I went for a walk..which was good. Nothing bad about that at all. Went on the walk to get a shot for the upcoming exhibit I'm hoping to be included in. However, I got home and remembered I had nowhere to put the photos, so I spent about 6 hours figuring out what programs I could delete, putting older photos on CDs and wiping them from my laptop, etc etc.

So in the end, I didn't get any work done anyway.

Then I woke up this morning to find I had some malware on my machine and had to go offline for awhile to fix my IP. Yada yada yada.

Then I remembered this picture I took a couple days ago from the roof. It's of a Free Tibet rally. It reminded me that there are people out there with far less than me, suffering every single day.

I'm still very frustrated because my photography and other online work is very important to me, but I am reminded that it's not the end of the world and eventually I'll be able to fix it.

So this weeks Monday Moment is a reminder that no matter what, it could be much worse and I should be thankful for what I've got.

Click to view the original post