Thread: Photo Layouts

Post Photo Layouts

I just found this nifty blog with a ton of excellent photo layout ideas! I'm not a big scrapbooker myself but I'd try these out. Super pretty and she provides detailed, hand drawn layouts that are easy to follow.

The Sketch Library
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Re: Photo Layouts

Nice site! I'm hopeless with scrapbooking. I have giant boxes of photos from way back, my dad's grandparents' stash on forward. I keep thinking that I'll take some rainy days and sort through them one at a time, maybe plan some layouts, but I'm afraid I'm far too disorganized. Or lazy.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Oh Man! I hear that!

My mother, at some point, sorted pictures and made scrapbooks for each of her 4 kids. Of course not the elaborate scrapbooks of today, but at least some form of organization. She wrote the names of long, lost ancestors on antique photos and included some pictures of the whole family for each of us. I bought a bunch of scrapbooking supplies. I put them in a plastic tub next to the plastic tubs containing nearly 40 years worth of pictures. Sigh.

Post Re: Photo Layouts

Quote Originally Posted by Oda View Post
    I just found this nifty blog with a ton of excellent photo layout ideas! I'm not a big scrapbooker myself but I'd try these out. Super pretty and she provides detailed, hand drawn layouts that are easy to follow.

The Sketch Library
    Thanks, Oda. That is a great site. I am just learning. My daughter loves scrapbooking but I just dabble when I have time.
    Ann

Re: Photo Layouts

I've kind of made a scrapbook, but never did anything with it. On vacation wee stayed at a friends house for a few days. She is a big scrapbooker, so she wanted me to scrap with her and had a kit to assemble step by step. So I did, then came home and haven't touched it. It's all ready for pics, but I have done nothing.
    I've also picked up other things. A scrapbook store downtown was closing and 40% off. So I bought a few things I thought were neat, then I found some stuff at Big Lots. but again I've done nothing with it. I think my biggest issue is like deciding what pics to put in them. Do I want to make themes, or do it for each person, like 1 album for each kid. And I think I should decide that before I start doing anything. So I've done nothing.
    But my friend in AZ made some nifty non-book things. Like using a canvas to scrap on and hanging it up like a painting. And scrapping on letters with pics in the holes (You know like the hole in the letter D). And it's looked very cool. But again I just can't decide what I want to do.
    I did use Shutterfly and make a scrapbook that they printed out and sent to me bound with a leather cover. That was easy, lol.