Thread: Monday Moment - Well Met

blog Monday Moment - Well Met

(Top) Me and Liz Baillie
    (Bottom Left) Ed Westwick of "Gossip Girl" (Bottom Right) Christy Kane

NYC Comic Con was more than a fun event for me, it was a gigantic learning experience. Not only was it my first time with a press pass, but I also had to dig deep and find my old courage of chatting it up with strangers.

When I was a kid, I was nothing if not confident and outgoing. I used to invite perfect strangers to play and apparently I often asked them to come live with us. Then in my later teenage years, my confidence was shot, I stopped trusting people and my motivation began to dwindle. I like to blame it all on one really bad ex-boyfriend, but the bottom line is...that's just a crutch.

So Comic Con was my big test. I pushed myself to make introductions, walked up to people I'd never met before and reminded myself that I am by no means a shy person. What was the end result? I met some of the most fascinating people I've ever come across.

Sure, the back of my head was still yelling insecurities, but the more I met new folks, the easier it got. My confidence slowly came back.

And just think, if it hadn't, I never would have met the amazing Liz Baillie, I never would have flirted with Ed Westwick and I never would have known about the incredible artists I passed by.

Speaking of artists, be sure to check back soon for a feature on Christy Kane (pictured above). Her dolls are absolutely gorgeous! They're all handmade and she even does special requests! I'm only waiting to feature her because her Etsy was cleared out for the convention (because the dolls were with her). For now go check out ChristyKane.com.

So my "Monday Moment"....the people I've met this weekend. Although I may never meet some of them again, I'll never forget that I once did.

Click to view the original post
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Post Re: Monday Moment - Well Met

While Oda goes "Well Met"...I will go "Well Built". A nod to the great architects, sculptors and masons who created The National Cathedral.
    We were there yesterday and it is truly an amazing structure.

Re: Monday Moment - Well Met

Wow! Stunning building mtj! Thanks for sharing. The shot is beautiful, the sky behind really sets a great mood.
    RYPEPPER.COM

It's an amazing structure. It took sixty-five years to build, start to finish. The masonry and sculpture are just awesome. When I think of all the time spent building and chiseling, I get the chills. There is some pretty cool architecture around here. Monsieur L'Enfant wanted only the best for the city he designed.

Amazing building, love the picture mtj.

WTG Oda! I noticed the dolls first, love them.

ComicCon sounds like great fun! And good for you, you found the strength to talk to 'strangers". I, too, am very shy and find it hard to talk to people I dont know, when I'm in a room of "strangers" I get really tongue-tied and just stand there and cant think of a thing to say. What a great experience for you to meet all these new folks.

Thanks Passionatic! It really was a great time. I still get fairly tongue-tied but I just try to laugh it off.

Mostly I try to keep in mind that other people can be shy too so they might be just as nervous as I am.
    RYPEPPER.COM