Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: People get OUTRAGED!

Post Re: People get OUTRAGED!

I would agree with you, right now the Palestinians need to have what we would otherwise take forgranted. Freedom of movement throughout the country, the ability to build housing and find steady employment. Keeping a group of people in a state of poverty be it intentional or not is a breeding ground for anyone wanting to take advantage of such people and offering false hopes.
    Groups like Hamas and Hesbollah take advantage of this situation by offering employment and alot of money (IE: terrorism) and claiming they will be able to eventually destroy Israel and the Palestinians will be able to return.

What I don't quite understand is why those 750K Muslims simply packed up and left thier land in order to go to said camps? Who or what made them leave?
    They could have accepted that their land they live on is now a part of the country of Israel, lived on thier land that is now within Israeli territory, and went from there, and they and thier descendants probably would have been better off.

This reeks of a scam of some sort to me. And the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren (and then some) of the original Palestinian refugees are suffering today because of said scam.

"I wish I were in charge because I would ignore the 2nd largest D.C. lobby and do what is right.... cut funding to Israel until they withdraw to the '67 borders, and allow Jersusalem to be run by an international committee.. all west bank Isralie settlements MUST be disbanded and the palestinians MUST be allowed to create something on their own.... "

I couldn't agree more. It's hardly fair that Israel is allowed to ignore and flaunt so many UN resolutions- with nary a peep from us. Not to mention their nuclear stockpiles, which, oops........we're not supposed to acknowledge! I think our huge, huge, unconditional support for whatever Israel does, no matter the cost to the Palestinians, is one of the main reasons why we are such a target. A bit more impartiality and fairness would be in order here, IMO.

Re: People get OUTRAGED!

hey jolau...you think 750,000 people left because they didn't want to be "Isralies"?.... you really think that?...because the Arab states told them to go "camp out" and everything will be ok?.... sounds too much like lemmings if you ask me and too much of a stretch.... why has there never been a documentary on such a significant part of modern history?

My gut feeling tells me that rumors spread amongst the then Palestinian community that the future Israelis would force them off thier land anyways. Someone or some group said for them to go to what is now the West Bank and Gaza Strip to camp out there. They would then join the fight to drive Israel into the sea, and they would be able to reclaim thier land afterwards. They didn't count on Israel being so determined to ensure its own survival and being able to defeat its neighbors each time they attempted an invasion.
    The Palestinians were political pawns ever since. They were an excuse for Israel's then enemies (IE: those countries that attempted to invade Israel) to attack, and then "the cause" became a rallying point for the terrorist groups once these invasion attempts failed and the countries that considered themselves enemies of Israel gave up knowing that they cannot defeat Israel militarily.

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    reines...I appreciate you bringing up Jefferson..he's my favorite FF ..I don't know if you are familiar with the Jefferson and Hamilton debates but I always favored Jefferson's...at any rate...
    "The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction
    is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

--Thomas Jefferson
    Don't you agree, bigeasy? LOL

yes reines but I can bring many more from him that you would definitely disagree with... you would side more with Hamilton on the debates...it is great debate material

hey Jolau...don't you think it is strange that no documentary has ever been done on that mass exodus? doesn't that say something?...I think it does and I think an ethnic cleansing scenario has been covered up and it was the only way Israel would be able to operate as a democracy....(remove the majority)

There's a problem with that, how do you filter out the truth from the propoganda? Who's account do you believe? The Israelis or the Palestinians? How do you make it so that it is fair to both sides?