Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Summer viewing.......or booing?

Post Big Brother!!!?

Yikles!!! Big Brother!! Surely not our GB version.....it's awful-makes me ashamed to be British! I am sure you have a US version which has perfectly lovely inmates! Ours is full of fakes and wannabees!
    Liz x

Post Re: Summer viewing.......or booing?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Lovely quotes, CJ. Brava.

So, you have satellite now? Michael would like to switch (we have Comcast cable, which he hates) but I have been dreading the process of switching. Have you been happy with it? Is it pretty storm-proof?

95 degrees/95% humidity here in NY today. Ugh, hoping for cool, at least by comparison, later in the week. Meanwhile I'm glued to the great indoors
    Yes, we've had satellite for many years, started out with the 10ft dish (bad about freezing up in the winter) Then we went to dish network, now we are going to direct TV. We bought 2 HD tvs and they will set up 2 or 3 tvs for one price.

Storm proof, pretty much, but when we have a really BAD storm we turn the tv off. Sometimes it will say "signal lost" for awhile, but not too long. We are pleased with the smaller dish that sits on top of your house.

CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

yogaliz, I think the main difference between the US BB and the GB BB is that here (US) the producers have done everything short of begging to get the hamsters to hook up and nothing has worked (oh, wait... maybe one actual incident of s-e-x?). Ours couldn't be less real if they were made of, hmm, was going to say plastic, but half of them are largely silicon, so I guess they are made of plastic. Worse, they all think they are going to be stars when they leave, have sitcoms! Go party on the red carpet with Paris! Wheee! It wasn't so pathetic the first year, but st this point, they have to be really stupid to still believe that fame and/or fortune will follow them out of the House.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Re: Big Brother!!!?

Liz, I'm sure the shows are very similar. The one here is so tacky with some of the most replusive characters that walk the earth on it. However, I watch it faithfully every season because it's like a scab you can't leave alone. Annie described it so well I won't even try to add more. I think I mostly watch it because the house guests make me feel soooooooo good about myself! Glad you showed up, I've wondered about you. Stop being such a stranger!

Re: Summer viewing.......or booing?

Is HD a channel or do you mean High Definintion?
    Watched a good movie last night - The Night Listener - good thriller with Robin Williams and Toni Colette1
    Liz x

Annie/TT
    sounds like the same quality house mates both sides of the Atlantic in BB! I think they should do a senior version! Lol! Any volunteers?
    Liz x

I'm going to try Holly Hunter's new show "Saving Grace" which starts next week on TNT. It looks like something I might like.

I like Holly Hunter so I will look out for this show. It will probably be next year before we get it !
    Liz x