Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Summer viewing.......or booing?

Post Summer viewing.......or booing?

TV really is a "vast wasteland" in the summertime. So says I, who has years of TV viewing under my expanding belt. Of course, my opinion isn't worth a hill of beans since I spend more time with my nose in a book while I'm watching (?) television. However, I can't remember a summer when the TV has been turned off so much because we're just plain bored with watching anything that isn't on the travel or history channels and most anything on HD channels. Which reminds me....anyone watch any of the Planet Earth series? Liz....pay attention, do you get any HD in your part of Jolly Ol' England?

Of course those who know me, know I have Big Brother 8 to entertain me part of the week and So You Think You Can Dance. That's about it except for a new show called Burn Notice on USA network we discovered. Anyone see it?

Jump in with what you're watching, tired of watching, sneer at, laugh at or gag over.

Ta ta! TT

Post I'm viewing :)

Let's see, what have we been watching? We both have a serious HBO series addiction, watching John from Cincinatti, Flight of the Conchords and Big Love. On regular TV it's The Closer. And Big Brother often enough to know what's happening (we tend to watch it mor often after a few evictions). Maybe some Monk when the new ones start.

A few weeks ago we binged on Dead Like Me, got the DVDs at the library and watched both seasons in 2 or 3 weeks. It's a fun way to watch TV, especially when the summer drought hits. We both loved it, by the way.

I'm sure there's more, it seems like the TV is on every evening. I'll have to pay more attention to what is on it
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Re: Summer viewing.......or booing?

Well for me it is Big Brother, but I did miss Sunday night, need to get use to when its on. We're a big Jericho fans and it came back on Friday night but it was a re-run. They're suppose to be showing some new shows. DH watching History, Sci-fi, Military so thats when I'm on puter. On Sat. when nothing is on and I'm cleaning house the tv is on sirus radio, usually Elvis. He's still alive you know!!!! Now when new seasons start its CSI, Without a Trace, Ghost Whisperer, Dancing With the Stars and of course Jericho. Plus my soaps that I am always behind on or I ff thru them.

Take care, CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Re: I'm viewing :)

We don't get HBO, so haven't seen the shows you mentioned Annie. However, I'd forgotten about "The Closer." Do enjoy that show and I'm allowing my hubby to be in love with Kyra Sedgwick. Networks like TNT, USA and others that have good shows on them, like "The Closer", we have a problem with remembering because we don't normally watch those channels. Having to reprogram our brains so we channel surf more often.
    Ta ta! Kay

Re: I'm viewing :)

I'm going to have the same problem with Big Brother, CJ. Remembering it's on 3 nights a week is hard to get my mind around each season that it starts. Yes! I knew it.....I just knew Elvis was alive. Thank you for verifing it for me! We also were Jericho fans and was happy all the fan clatter and clamour forced the network to rethink that cancellation, at least for now. Hmmmm, I'm starting to realize that i possibly watch more TV than I thought I did.

What's the temp like in your neck of the woods, CJ. We finally got a break today and have had a wonderful 78 for a high. Yea!

Post Re: I'm viewing :)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoTia View Post
    I'm going to have the same problem with Big Brother, CJ. Remembering it's on 3 nights a week is hard to get my mind around each season that it starts. Yes! I knew it.....I just knew Elvis was alive. Thank you for verifing it for me! We also were Jericho fans and was happy all the fan clatter and clamour forced the network to rethink that cancellation, at least for now. Hmmmm, I'm starting to realize that i possibly watch more TV than I thought I did.

What's the temp like in your neck of the woods, CJ. We finally got a break today and have had a wonderful 78 for a high. Yea!
    We don't get any of the movies channels either, but dh is thinking about changing our satellite service and adding it to the bedroom TV. I currently only get locals channels on the br tv. Woo hoo, look out Lifetime and Hallmark. Two channels that dh cares NOTHING about.

Speaking of Elvis, on the sirus station he does some talking too and I love to hear him laugh.

Not sure what our temp was today, but right now it is 78. We had a little thunderstorm late this afternoon and it cooled down. Wind blew hard for a bit too. Sounds like you have the perfect temp, not too hot and not too cold. I love days like that. Here we have high humidity which makes you feel sticky when you're outside.

Note>>>>>this was my first time trying to quote something, so I hope I did it right.

CJ
    Oh goodie, it worked, I'm not too old to learn something new. LOL!!!!!
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Post Re: Summer viewing.......or booing?

Lovely quotes, CJ. Brava.

So, you have satellite now? Michael would like to switch (we have Comcast cable, which he hates) but I have been dreading the process of switching. Have you been happy with it? Is it pretty storm-proof?

95 degrees/95% humidity here in NY today. Ugh, hoping for cool, at least by comparison, later in the week. Meanwhile I'm glued to the great indoors
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Post Hey TT!

Hi there
    See I was paying attention! TV is pretty lame here - not just in the Summer either! I am not a big TV fan! Don't know what HD is? DH likes the History Channel - I watch some gardening shows and have started watching 'Brothers and Sisters' which is new here but probably long gone for you guys! Still reading Charles Frazier's Thirteenth Moon but just bought Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (Barbara Kingsolver).Pretty busy with garden and artwork - have some shows coming up! DD is in London presently which is a bit scary as we have had a few terror scares just recently - I was in London during the bombings in 2005! Life goes on though!
    Hope you are all well
    Liz x