Thread: Monday Moment - Busy Is Good

blog Monday Moment - Busy Is Good

First let me start off by clarifying that if you'd like to participate in a "Monday Moment", there's no theme, there doesn't need to be a photograph and the moment doesn't even have to happen on a Monday, just posted then. The idea is take take a moment to soak in your surroundings when you might not normally so that later on down the line, you'll have that little memory.

Now let me brag to you about what I managed to accomplish in the last couple of days.

I remembered that since I don't have to work this month, I can attend the NYC Comic Con! (Geek alert!) Then it occurred to me that not only can I GO to Comic Con, I might be able to get myself a press pass. At first I went through a few of my contacts (from my TV blog) but then I thought "Hey, I'm a legitimate blogger, maybe I can get one for myself!"

So after asking one of my TV PR buddies about how I should go about it (Thanks Minjae!), I filled out a form, sent in an email and within minutes...I had a press pass!

My first official press pass!!

Dudes, I'm like so cool now. I might even wear a funny hat that says "Press".

Second major feat o' the week, my very first interview with a TV celeb, Beth Riesgraf (Leverage). I was petrified that I would end up sounding like some blubbering idiot, but in the end I managed to calm down, untie my tongue and ask her some questions.

By the way, she's so awesome. I'm pretty sure if I had just said "nah bah gah boo doo doo"....she would have humored me.

I also got off my butt and went on a photo walk yesterday with a good pal of mine. But in perfect Ry form, I managed to delete the majority of those photos before I made it home. No worries though, it was a great walk anyway.

So my desk...it's totally overrun and I figured I'd share a photo of my current madness with you.

1. My Laptop
    2. Notes from the Beth Riesgraf interview and also a starting list of all the events I want to hit at Comic Con.
    3. Water (always there!)
    4. Coffee (more than always there)
    5. My newly printed business cards that I had made for Comic Con! (I told you I was cool!)
    6. My phone, quickly discarded in a nervous fit after the Beth Riesgraf interview.
    7. My main computer that always has a Movable Type page open (that's where I'm typing right now)
    8. Hand lotion (because it's the winter and it's no fun typing with dry hands)
    9. FOOD! After I finished the interview, wrote it up and did a few other things, I realized I still needed to eat. No, I don't normally mange at the computer.
    10. Post it notes with very important information that I ALWAYS manage to ignore anyway.
    11. My Johnny Cash middle finger photo for inspiration
    12. It looks like a cup full of pens, which it is, but mostly it's full of Pixy Stix and Smarties.
    13. Aleve. Duh.
    14. "Hands Free" ear piece for my phone to listen to the recorded Beth Riesgraf interview. You have to hold a button down making them NOT hands free and therefore a total fail.
    15. Toys to keep me company and inspired.
    16. That wooden case was given to me by my dad back in high school. It has a fancy pen inside and he gave it to me to encourage me to write. It will NEVER leave my desk.
    17. Mmmmm room fragrance spray from Bath & Body Works. Way better than incense and candles because... well you just spray it and clearly I don't have the time to light a match.
    18. A dark hole that contains my tablet which I don't have enough time to use except when making silly photos like this.
    19. Paperwork from my TV contacts that I must get around to filing.
    20. My mouse and the very little space that it has to move.

It's cleared off a bit since I took the photo. Now that the interview is over, I'm a little more relaxed and the only MAJOR thing I have to focus on now is Comic Con.

I'm really excited for this weekend and just so you all know, I plan to spend it featuring new artists I meet at the convention, do some live blogging and I'm also going to dedicate this week to comics and general geekery in order to get ready for the big event.

So, what's your "Monday Moment"? I truly hope it's more relaxing and less cluttered than mine.

Click to view the original post
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Post Re: Monday Moment - Busy Is Good

My Monday moment came early this week.
    It was last night, as I cruised the neighborhood for something interesting to take pictures of.
    I've been kind of hampered in that department because there has been a lot of ice on the ground.
    And I am "ice challenged".
    We had a melt yesterday, so I ventured out in the early evening.
    And what to my wondering eyes did appear?
    This lovely moon, hanging over a winter tree.
    If that is not a picture of simplicity, I don't know what is.

Re: Monday Moment - Busy Is Good

Beautiful!

You are cool, I feel cool just looking at your cool blogs. I'd pay you to wear the press hat, lol.

Ha! Thanks Boo! I don't feel cool all the time, but I surely will with a fancy press badge!

MTJ, that photo is stunning! I love your "monday moments"!
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike