Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe the Clintons...

Post Re: I can't believe the Clintons...

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    the whereabouts of bin ladin has nothing to due about telling the truth... Bush not caring about bin ladin's capture is BS.. it would be a political coup...

take a deep breath... a large glass of budweiser would do you good...
    Sure- Bush is not only a liar........he's also quite incompetent! C-mon bigeasy- he just told another WHOPPER the other day- when he claimed that the "folks" we are fighting in Iraq are the SAME "folks" who attacked us on 9/11!!!!!!! His own generals have clearly said that al Qaeda in Iraq is, at best, only 10% of the insurgency. And our own CIA has said that the al-Qaeda INSPIRED insurgents in Iraq are not formally taking orders from bin Laden. And, of course, we all know that there was NO al Qaeda in Iraq at all before AWOL Bush lied us into this fiasco.
    As for the Budweiser- sorry, I can't stand beer. I'll be drinking champaign when this criminal administration is finally in jail where they belong!

the whereabouts of bin ladin has nothing to due about telling the truth... Bush not caring about bin ladin's capture is BS.. it would be a political coup...

take a deep breath... a large glass of budweiser would do you good...
    From the mouth of "El Diablo" himself from the White House web site at http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0020313-8.html:

Quote Originally Posted by George Bush
    And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. ... So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. ... And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Originally Posted by George Bush
    And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. ... So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. ... And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Ha! I count two definite lies and two probable lies in that amazing statement. Bin Laden has definitely not been "marginalized"- but has only been empowered by Bush's reckless, stupid actions. His "network" has definitely not been "destroyed"- in fact, recruiting has never been easier for him.
    Is it credible that Bush just "doesn't know where he is"? We certainly knew when he was cornered at Tora Bora......and we certainly know that he's operating out of a certain area in Pakistan.....freely!
    Is it possible that Bush truly isn't "concerned" with bin Laden? That's a pretty amazing statement to make- for many reasons. If true, it shows the most callous disregard for the suffering from 9/11. What does it say about the morality, competence and diligence of this president that he feels free to say such a thing?
    Like most alcoholics and drug addicts- Bush is a consumate liar. And why anyone......anyone, would still be denying this is beyond me.

Re: I can't believe the Clintons...

you think Bin Ladin's capture will put a dent in muslim terror? only a delay but no dent my fellow American...look around and absorb some facts...

you think Bin Ladin's capture will put a dent in muslim terror? only a delay but no dent my fellow American...look around and absorb some facts...
    No..........but I think it's called "justice", eh? Are you seriously saying that we need not go after the man who masterminded 9/11 just because capturing him won't stop all terrorism?
    And here I thought Republicans were all gung-ho for law and order. Go figure!

Post Debating 101

Let me make sure I understand your debate style here:
    1. First you make the ridiculous assertion - "Bush not caring about bin ladin's capture is BS.. it would be a political coup... "
    2. Then you are shown to be full of it with a direct quote from the traitor Bush himself. "So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. ... And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
    3. Then you ignore the premise of your original argument, change the subject completely, and then assert that it doesn't matter anyway and that it is WE who should "look around and absorb some facts?"
    Did you ever hear the expression, "When everyone about you seems to be losing their head and you seem to be the only sane one, perhaps it is time for you to reconsider the situation." With Bush's approval rating down to as low as 25% (American Research Group - 7/23/07), you may want to re-think your reasoning and "look around and absorb some facts."

Your rationale reminds me of the old SNL skit with Rosanna-ana-Dana who argued that she was upset that someone wanted to ban violins in the movies. Then when it was pointed out that the debate was about violence - not violins, she stared blankly at the camera and said simply, "Oh? ... Never mind."
    Last edited by sandybel; 7.23.07 at 6:57 PM.

Re: I can't believe the Clintons...

you need to understand politics and governing sandy..they can sometimes be confusing...I know but just think for a moment...

when it comes to the overall war on terror, bin ladin's capture would do little in the overall scheme of things... therefore his comments about not being overly concerned about it is very accurate...that is from the governing side of things...BUT politically it would be huge and you know it...the airwaves and all.... don't forget the left loves to talk about OBL a lot too..

but just keep up with the facts and you'll do a lot better

you need to understand politics and governing sandy..they can sometimes be confusing...I know but just think for a moment...

when it comes to the overall war on terror, bin ladin's capture would do little in the overall scheme of things... therefore his comments about not being overly concerned about it is very accurate...that is from the governing side of things...BUT politically it would be huge and you know it...the airwaves and all.... don't forget the left loves to talk about OBL a lot too..

but just keep up with the facts and you'll do a lot better
    Funny how capturing the mastermind of 9/11 became not very important......when it became obvious that Bush's incompetence and reckless abuse of the military would not produce him! Tell me, bigeasy- would you and the rightwing network of hate be making the same lame justifications if Bill Clinton were president and had failed to capture him?
    I think your "explanation" for this is ludicrous- there's the matter of justice- pure and simple. Holding the perpetrator of a crime accountable- no matter who they are. And then there's the no small matter of public relations. Bin Laden's. The man has not only unlimited funding but widespread name recognition and respect in the radical Muslim world. True, after years of foolish actions by the Bush administration which have only empowered al Qaeda, one man by himself is not all that important. But this is BIN LADEN. The man who orchestrated the worst attack ever on our country! And you think it doesn't really matter if we bring him to justice?
    I don't think this is about Bush making nuanced observations on politics vs. governing- I think this is the right desperately trying to justify Bush's gross incompetence.
    I'm the first one to criticize this administration shamelessly hyping the terror threat for political gain- but even I think it's outrageous that bin Laden is still free in Pakistan- while our troops are getting killed in Iraq.