Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I will be offline after Thursday...

Post Re: I will be offline after Thursday...

Dragsy the odds are in my favor. The 7 to 10 part just means the ratio in which they have that it will be cured with the treatments alone. They don't seem very high but really they are. I'm not to concerned about it. I figure this to shall pass right? As for my since of humor I am reading a good book called Put a Geranium in My crainum which tells about a lady that went through Chemo treatments after having found a brain tumor. So If she can laugh so can I right? Any ways trying to just stay optimistic and hopeful and go on with my life. Working today and also making frog eye salad for a wedding banquet tomorrow at church. So life is moving right along. Thanks for them prayers!

Julie,
    That attitude of yours is what will help you beat it! I admire you so much for how you are taking all this.I would be a whiney mess. You are a great lady! i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You will beat this!
    And now a question, what is frog eye salad? i have never heard of it. I assume it doesn't have real frog eyes in it?lol
    Take care Julie!

Re: I will be offline after Thursday...

I was going to ask the same question Coffeenut. Do tell Julie, what is frog eye salad. I can only imagine that it has something like olives laying on top that look like frog eyes!!! LOL.

Stay strong Julie! I'm praying for you.
    ((( Julie)))
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Thanks ladies for your encouragment and prayers. Frog Eye salad is made with Acne de pipie which is a round pasta. You can find it in most grocery stores now days. It's typically a fruit salad made with pasta, and canned fruit and whipped cream. It's very good! My family loves it and so does our church family. Always a hit at the banquets or covered dish get togethers at our church.

I've tried finding that pasta here..but might try krogers..they have different things that Walmart doesn't. And Julie..your attitude is what's going to get you through all of this. Might be a rough road, but just think at the end of this road..there's gonna be a well Julie!

Thanks Dragsy. Yea I know my attitude will keep me going. I wasn't able to make my appointment again today. No unecessary travel for the road I have to take to get there. So rescheduled yet again for next week this time. Perhaps the roads will be clearer by then. So nothing planned except going to the grocery store, getting a movie to watch tonight, and doing my laundry today that is about it. Thanks for all the prayers!

Julie..you know I have you in my thoughts and prayers all the time.

Thanks Dragsy. I think I'll be fine. I got to rest a lot yesterday and then again today too. Sometimes I wish I could just work and work. Oh well I had a good day yesterday. Going to call and see how traumatic I might feel and if I really need to bring someone with me on Wednesday to know for sure.