Thread: The little things...now a "Monday Moment".

blog The little things...now a "Monday Moment".

I almost let this photograph go. I walked by the door with a fresh cup of coffee in hand and thought "wow, look how that sunlight is falling on the door." and continued back to my office and sat down before I realized "DUH! Take a picture."

I told you I was a little rusty these days.

Do you remember a while back when I mentioned noticing the smaller things around home? Or how I've decided it's the quick, fleeting moments that make photography so interesting and unique? I've decided to dedicate Monday's to these little moments and I encourage you to play along, even if you don't have a camera...you could always write about it.

A moment doesn't have to be something that fades quickly like a spot of sun on a door knob, or that squirrel that posed for me. It can be just taking the time to notice something more closely than you have before (like I did with the slipper, because why keep them around for sentimental reasons if I won't remember why 10 years from now). I think it's extremely important for us, as humans, to soak up these things.

Consider all the little things you've forgotten along the way. When you really think about it, it's a little sad, yes?

So play along or just get lost in thought. Either way, soak it up, because this is your life. You want to remember it, right?

Take a "Monday Moment" to consider something you may have passed by...or pass by every day.

Click to view the original post
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Post Re: The little things...now a "Monday Moment".

My little Monday thing...a simple leaf.
    I saw it outside this morning and was taken with how perfectly shaped it is.
    And since almost all of the leaves are gone (and the sky is gray) it stood out in it's solitude.
    When there are lots of leaves on the ground, I seldom take time to marvel at their structure.
    This one, lone leaf, jumped out at me as evidence of Ma Nature's handiwork.

Re: The little things...now a "Monday Moment".

Gorgeous MTJ! And perfect "monday moment". Thanks for sharing!

Did you keep the leaf?
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

mtj, I love your leaf! On my screen (sadly, I know we all rarely see the same thing on different monitors) the leaf is so warm it's almost peach and the surface it's on is blue, leaning to purple. The contrast makes the leaf really stand out. Love it!
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Post Re: The little things...now a "Monday Moment".

Today's "Monday Moment"...a nest, that held baby robins last Spring. A reminder of what is to come in just a few short months.

Oh, wow! This is beautiful! That blue is so intense.

We live in a spot with tons of birds, which are encouraged by M via birdfeeders. We've been here 20+ years and I think in all that time I've only spotted 2 nests in trees/bushes and probably another 5 that have fallen. I don't know where they all live.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

What a nice picture. I love the blue sky.