Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Barack the Magic Negro"

Post Re: "Barack the Magic Negro"

Negro is not used in everyday language. We use black or African American. Negro harks back to the days of "white only" signs and is considered to be a derogatory term by many blacks (asked my AA friends on this one). I think it is ludicrous that anyone is defending the use of this terminology and trying to pawn it off as humor. All of you need to grow up.

Re: "Barack the Magic Negro"

Again, the word negro in respect to obama was first uttered by Sharpton, then an LA times reporter used the term "magic negro". The whole point of the song as i have researched is to make fun of biden for saying barack was the first CLEAN, articulate black man to run for president when that is not the case. I guess context and reading comprehension just aren't what they used to be in our unionized school system. Hey but the "magic negro" thought private school was good enough for his children. Glad he thinks so highly of public education! Oh by the way Abraham Lincoln was a republican and southern DEMOCRATES where agaisnt civil rights in case your head is in the sand out there!

Doesn't matter who uttered the word first or not. This CD and distribution has further tainted the Republican party, like it or not. Even Rush Limbaugh played it on his radio show.

I'm not against the Republican party...far from it, I'm just saying the brand has been severly damaged by the Bush/Neo-Con's over the last eight years with their borrow-and-spend , pre-emptive war, throw caution to the wind ideas that were rejected by most voters in 2006, 2008.

AND they have to do better about connecting with those moderate voters (not simply rely on just the religious right and/or far right conservatives), but bring those conversative/liberal moderates in to the party mainstream next election.

Also, about the Obama kids attending private school. Just think about it. In this day and age, would it seem more dangerous to send the first black president's minor children to a public school? Or a private one where they could be better protected.

Me, for one...if was my kid...I would opt for the most protection possible while still allowing them to attend a school. No shame in that, as far as I'm concerned.

Abraham Lincoln's been dead for many years and things have changed since his time. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by heartpulse View Post
    Again, the word negro in respect to obama was first uttered by Sharpton, then an LA times reporter used the term "magic negro".
    Oh, so is this another case where if a black person uses the word "negro" it's okay, but not if a white person does?
    Sorry, I can't keep up with all the rules when it comes to that stuff.
    Barry has been referred to as "The Savior" and "The Second Coming".
    Are the Christians all up in arms about this?
    Barry is a politician.
    Politicians get made fun of.
    Especially politicians who promise as much as Barry has.
    Time will tell whether or not he can make good on all those promises.
    So far, he's come right out of the gate by insulting his supporters who are gay.

I don't think it is right that Sharpton used it either. However, regardless of whether you like it or not there are certain terms that blacks can used when referring to each other that whites can't. And given the Republican Party's poor showing with minorities you would of thunk the guy running to be it's chairman would have stayed as far away as possible.

As for the private school issue, I'm not sure it is viable to send the president's children to a public school. I would figure the security measures would be atrocious for not only the President's children but for all the other kids attending. While it would be great if they could go, our country has changed significantly in over 200+ years.

Re: "Barack the Magic Negro"

I know so many public school teachers who send their kids to private school. I would expect any President to send their children to a private school. They are more equipped to deal with the circus that comes with it.

My daughter goes to private school. I gave public school a shot but it was horrific and I'm not up for risking her future to prove a point.

I don't understand what that has to do with anything? Where did GW's twins go when he was Governor? Or Chelsea Clinton or Amy Carter or any children of the President or VP?

Amy went to public school. Chelsea went to the same school Obama's kids are in. Not sure about the Bush twins...were they in college during his Presidency.