Thread: Well so much for a snowless winter!

Hybrid View

Post Well so much for a snowless winter!

We got snow over the weekend, about 16" and they forecast more starting tomorrow. I absolutely HATE driving in the snow and tend to hibernate when it snows but I've left my Christmas shopping last things and now I have to go out and get them. The forecast just keeps predicting more snow to come and I don't want to chance it just building up and up. At least the roads are plowed and today is supposed to be clear and sunny, very cold though, -18c with the wind chill. Maybe we will have a white Christmas. We haven't had one of those in years as we don't normally get a lot of snow at all.

So, is everyone ready for Christmas? I am so not. I haven't baked, finished shopping, wrapped. I did get my Christmas cards out (Yay for me) and I decorated the house on the weekend... that is it. I am so unorganized this year.

Take care
    Penny

Post Re: Well so much for a snowless winter!

I guess I am ready for Christmas. I was going to buy a few more little things but changed my mind. I did get my tree put up this morning.

Snow, did I see 16", thats alot at one time. I remember 14" years ago, I think in the late 80s'... they(weather folks) called for 2", then we got 4, then they called for 6"..we got 8, anyway they kept going up. We ended up with 14"... We started digging out the drive way. We live at a hill (both ways) and when we get snow, its a circus here, with people trying to drive up or come down the hill. That year someone wrecked and had the whole road blocked. Dh said stop shoveling, we're not going anywhere today. I would like to see a pretty snow again, but not that much. 4" is enough for me, just enough to cover all the grass and leaves. I do not like sleet and ice. Hope this won't be you're way of travel...

Stay warm!!! Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by Beautifulstargazer View Post
    We got snow over the weekend, about 16" and they forecast more starting tomorrow. I absolutely HATE driving in the snow and tend to hibernate when it snows but I've left my Christmas shopping last things and now I have to go out and get them. The forecast just keeps predicting more snow to come and I don't want to chance it just building up and up. At least the roads are plowed and today is supposed to be clear and sunny, very cold though, -18c with the wind chill. Maybe we will have a white Christmas. We haven't had one of those in years as we don't normally get a lot of snow at all.

So, is everyone ready for Christmas? I am so not. I haven't baked, finished shopping, wrapped. I did get my Christmas cards out (Yay for me) and I decorated the house on the weekend... that is it. I am so unorganized this year.

Take care
    Penny

Have a great day!
    CJ

Re: Well so much for a snowless winter!

I've NEVER seen that much snow!! This is our first winter here so not sure what to expect - we've had a few hard frosts but today (Friday) has been beautiful - I worked all day in the garden! The animals all enjoyed the sun - we got a new ram for our ewes - he's called Gordon (Ramsy) ! Well keep warm and be safe on those icy roads ladies.
    Take care
    Liz x

Hay, Merry Christmas to all you guys! Wow this has been a looo ng year. Daughter is still getting her divorce. Hopefully it will be soon now. My x-son-in-law is still just ferious that he can't use her for a 'chew toy' anymore. I am so proud of her for having the courage to leave.

We have had snow. And lots of 'critters' looking for a handout. Lets see, there are birds of every kind, squirles, and even a deer. The deeper the snow gets the more popular we have become.

Stay warm and dry!
    Pinkpony

Post Re: Well so much for a snowless winter!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpony View Post
    Hay, Merry Christmas to all you guys! Wow this has been a looo ng year. Daughter is still getting her divorce. Hopefully it will be soon now. My x-son-in-law is still just ferious that he can't use her for a 'chew toy' anymore. I am so proud of her for having the courage to leave.

We have had snow. And lots of 'critters' looking for a handout. Lets see, there are birds of every kind, squirles, and even a deer. The deeper the snow gets the more popular we have become.

Stay warm and dry!
    Pinkpony
    Well Hey, its been ages since I've seen you here. Where on earth have you been?? Are you snowed in?? I use to want snow, but after seeing Seattle, Houston, Las Vegas and NO, I don't think I want any. We had a warm day here, kind of spring like, but tomorrow colder and gusting winds coming. I put out bird food, but they don't seem to want it this year. Maybe when all the acorns(we have lots) are gone, the birds will come eat small seeds. I have seen some deer tracks just near our creek. DH could sit on our deck and shoot if he saw one. Ooops not now though, deer season just ended. LOL.

Good for your daughter. No one deserves to be a punching bag. I wish her the best. Does she live close to you?

Hope you ALL had a Merry Christmas and wish the best for you and yours in 2009.

Have a great day!
    CJ

Thaks's for the good cheer. Yes we are having snow again even as I type. I was hoping it was all over, but here it is again and covering fast. We have lots of wood and plenty of food, so 'bring it on'. LOL!

Yes daughter lives about 15-20 miles from us. She has really been having a long bad year. Our oldest grand son (over 6ft tall and will be 17 soon) just hit her for the first time and left a bruise on her face. Yep! The boy is well on his way to being just like his dad. At least the x has fought hard to keep the kids so he can have the house and the child suport. That makes it so our daughter will not have to live with all this abuse except on visitations. At least there still seems to be some soul left in my youngest grandson. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry I haven't been very active on the board this last year. I have very intention of beeing better about that this coming year.

You guys have a great holiday season! I would even share our snow with you.

Pinkpony