Thread: Real or Fake...

Hybrid View

Post Real or Fake...

Christmas trees' that is???

Years ago we use to get the real trees. I love the smell, but since we have grandchildren that have allergys, we can't do that anymore. We have a white tree with the something lights built in (I forget what they're called)... and we have a green tree. I'm doing the green tree. Last year dh wanted colored lights on it so this year I am doing the clear/white lights. I bought those years ago, on sale after Christmas. You can make them strob (fast or slow) or you can leave on solid.

I haven't done any decoration yet. I don't think I am putting my little Christmas village up this year, too much trouble getting all that out and then putting it away... I'm just so LAZY, lol.

Take care, CJ

Have a great day!
    CJ

Post Re: Real or Fake...

When the kids were at home we did the old off to the tree farm and chop down our family Christmas tree and have hot chocolate and all that stuff. It was a lot of fun. If we were lucky we had snow, not often though. once the kids left home I switched to an artificial green pre-light tree with coloured lights on it. It is pretty and very easy to put together, it comes it three pieces. Hopefully this weekend I'll get that up. I guess I'm not very environmentally friendly with an artifical tree though, according to what I've been reading. Apparently real is the way to go. Oh well, not for me.

I did get my cards done yesterday... yay... I accomplished something! I too am very lazy and am quite happy being that way.. lol..

Have a great day
    take care, Penny

Post Re: Real or Fake...

Fiberobtic(sp) lights that the word I couldn't think of below in my post...

Anyway, I was reading a post on another board that I go to of this person ranting and fuming about people not using artifical trees. She said it was so wrong to use real trees to just throw out on the curb and then end up in the landfills... well she doesn't realize that those real trees will break down lots quicker than artifical ones. Maybe she just don't like to cut trees down. Oh well, I'm done ranting about someone else's rant... LOL!!!
    Have a great day!
    CJ