Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's see the Al Gore/ Global people refute these facts

Re: Let's see the Al Gore/ Global people refute these facts

the problem is that I dont believe any of this hogwash, and I dont want to pay for it. And its not just that I morally dont believe in it (like, say abortion) that I dont believe in it, I think its purely a wealth redistribution to bring 3rd world country on par with 1st world countries.
    If you believe in it, great, all the power to you. I however, dont want to pay for something that I think is a complete waste of money and time.

Post Re: Let's see the Al Gore/ Global people refute these facts

Quote Originally Posted by ridrfan View Post
    the problem is that I dont believe any of this hogwash, and I dont want to pay for it. And its not just that I morally dont believe in it (like, say abortion) that I dont believe in it, I think its purely a wealth redistribution to bring 3rd world country on par with 1st world countries.
    If you believe in it, great, all the power to you. I however, dont want to pay for something that I think is a complete waste of money and time.
    Well, at least you're honest and you admit it's all about money for ya.
    I'd still like to know if you seriously think that the thousands and thousands of esteemed scientists who are increasingly concerned about this issue are all in some vague plot to re-distribute worldwide wealth? Really? Isn't that quite insulting to scientists?

I see nothing wrong with saying I dont want my tax dollars spent on something I think is a complete waste of time and energy that could be better spent elsewhere.
    As for scientists. I dont think that people who are scientists are any more altruistic then any other occupation. They want grants, money, prestige same as anyone else. Global warming is a bunch of hype and hysteria as far as I am concerned.
    BTW, Ive seen a post or 2 from you complaining about how much money the Iraq war is costing. Does that mean its "all about the money" ?
    You dont like the Iraq war and think its an unnecessary waste of money and resources, I dont agree with the whole global warming debate and think its a waste of money and resources. Why is your position any more valid then mine?

" Does that mean its "all about the money" ?"

Nope. The money, although a valid concern, is secondary to the immorality of it all. As I've certainly posted about many, many times.
    I'm still trying to comprehend the mindset that allows you to just disregard all the information out there on global warming and climate change because you are sure that all these scientists are not only plotting to distribute worldwide wealth...but are also supposedly ONLY able to get grants and funding if they go along with this plan.
    It is interesting to note that you (like many deniers) admit you are only concerned about the money.....even as you attribute such base motivations to all the scientists writing and speaking out.
    Why is it that you can only imagine a personal vested financial interest in what they are doing......and somehow can't even imagine that maybe...just maybe, they truly, honestly and unselfishly BELIEVE that we need to act?

because climate change is going to happen regardless of whether or not we are here.. always has, always will.. and once again, the U.S. will foot the bill while more corporations sent their jobs to china and india who will be exempt...enron and other energy companies will make out well with carbon credit commodities.. how's the bottom of that greenland glacier doing?

Im not disregarding all the information, you are. I looked at all the information, and I came to the conclusion, based on the history of the planet, what many scinetist say about the sun, clouds, volcanic activity, greenhouse gasses etc, that climate change is cyclical. You just look at the information you want to, you even said you refuse to read articles that dont start how you want them to.
    I dont want my money wasted on this any more then I would want someone to take my money and throw some of it away and give the rest of it to the guy whos competing against me for work. Which is what is going to happen to my money.
    Next time you are complaining about all the jobs going to china etc, remember that when you give them money to offset carbon credits in your clean plant because they are getting as "green" as they can, and by china closing one plant they have exceeded thier targets, you are helping them take the jobs away from your country and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ridrfan View Post
    Im not disregarding all the information, you are. I looked at all the information, and I came to the conclusion, based on the history of the planet, what many scinetist say about the sun, clouds, volcanic activity, greenhouse gasses etc, that climate change is cyclical. You just look at the information you want to, you even said you refuse to read articles that dont start how you want them to.
    I dont want my money wasted on this any more then I would want someone to take my money and throw some of it away and give the rest of it to the guy whos competing against me for work. Which is what is going to happen to my money.
    Next time you are complaining about all the jobs going to china etc, remember that when you give them money to offset carbon credits in your clean plant because they are getting as "green" as they can, and by china closing one plant they have exceeded thier targets, you are helping them take the jobs away from your country and mine.
    Cap and trade isn't perfect (what is?) but right now it seems to be the most powerful incentive for positive change we have. It's the best way to motivate companies to beat the pollution limits, level the playing field as much as possible- to allow the markets to respond. What else have we got right now that promises to work as well?
    One thing is clear- we can't just sit back and do nothing. Which is what the deniers seem to want. To me, that's just irresponsible and immoral. How can we ever explain or justify our inaction to future generations if we continue to deny the obvious- that we are ALL facing dramatic repercussions from climate change due to global warming?

of course I want to do nothing (as far as "man causing global warming" goes. I think its a bunch of garbage. I dont want to "fix" it, because I dont believe it needs to be fixed. We can all stop driving our cars tomorrow, shut down the factories etc. and have as much affect as taking a cup of water out of the Atlantic will change the way the tides flow. Its not going to change anything.