Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Now what can I read?

Re: Now what can I read?

I have been speeding through Michael Buckley's "The Sisters Grimm" series. It's actually written for pre-teens, but it's very well done. It's about two sisters who are descendants of Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, who discover that fairy tales are actually true, and that their grandmother is a detective who investigates crimes among fairy-tale folk.

For grown-up mystery, try P.J. Tracy's books; for supernatural mystery, try Heather Graham. I hope that you find something to capture your interest again--I've had similar problems after finishing certain books.
    I like monkeys.

Reading Guy Gavriel Kay - he doesnt really have a genre - the best I can say is fantasy fiction. His stories are set in fictional times that generally take from something from our own worlds history (like vikings, constantinople, spain during the time of El Cid).

ROFLOL! I'm in the exact same situation. I need my heroin (read: Twilight). Have you downloaded the manuscript for Midnight Sun from Stephaniemeyer.com?? This might help your withdrawal from the Twilight drug. It's the Twilight story told from Edward's perspective. Apparently the manuscript was stolen and put on the 'net, and Meyer just decided to let us all download it since the cat was out of the bag. Unfortunately it's just a partial manuscript, but it's almost 200+ pages long, and really really good! Also she has some outtakes from the books on there that are interesting reads.

I wouldn't recommend the Charlaine Harris books too much. I liked the first one, but they are not as good as Twilight. But pretty good reads.

Let me know if you find something good to read, and I'll let you know if I find something... until then, I guess I'll just have to reread Breaking Dawn. I'm pathetic.

I think the Charlaine Harris books are more snarky than romantic, so other than the vamps, not really much alike.

I didn't know you could download Midnight Sun. Thanks for the tip.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Her books are sexier, too. Pretty racy. I wouldn't mind a little more extrapolation in the Twilight books - they always fade to black after the kissing.

Can you please direct me to the link for Midnight Sun? Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.
    Agent99

I started reading the Charlaine Harris books after this thread. The first wasn't that exciting for me because I had watched the series, and the first (and so far only) season is based off the first book. So I knew roughly what would happen next. Since then I went through the 2nd book and I'm more than halfway through the 3rd.
    I love Sookie. And damn she has some luck with the men/werewolves/shapeshifters. It's isn't like Twilight. There are some similiarties, but these have more humor, and more sexy men/vampires/creatures. I'm loving the werewolf right now. They are like a supernatural mystery with hot vampire love. They have more sex and violence than Twilight. But they are still a fun read.