Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John and Marlena Fired?!

Re: John and Marlena Fired?!

Without them and any focus on the veteran characters, this show is meaningless. I also read last night that they let Jay Kenneth Johnson go too. I catch this show if I'm up late on Soapnet from time to time and rarely finish it, it is so boring. I doubt they'll last their 18 months that their hoping for at this rate.

Well I seem to be alone here but all I can say IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! Those two mannequins have been wasting space on that show for decades! NOt only were the characters poorly written they were poorly manifested. I will be very surprised if we ever see either one of these "actors" on anything but another soap opera. Of course that is just my opinion based on over 20 years of observation...except for when they had my eyeballs rolling to the back of my head.

Yep... you're alone there.

At least they can act. Not like some of these younger actors they have on now. Honestly, how can you compare any of the younger women to Marlena? You can't. And I love NuJohn. I think Drake has done an excellent job in creating this new personality.

Post Re: John and Marlena Fired?!

Oh geeze...I see this place hasn't changed much.

thanks mtj for the link... what the author says is so true, its hard to come up with fresh, new ideas for the soaps. But, fans are devoted to their favorite characters and favorite couples, so I dont understand when execs break up favorite couples or destroy popular storylines. I LOVED John&Marlena "back in the day", I've tried to start watching again, but I end up FF thru all the new characters, I cant stand Chelsea or Nick, who the heck is this Melanie girl?
    Why not give the loyal viewers some pay-off?

I think if soaps are having such a hard time coming up with new ideas, then its time for the writers to put down their pens and stop writing. Or why not actually do something smart, and allow the fans to write in their ideas of things they would like to see on the show, read them all... and actually take some advice from the fans, you'd be giving us what we want to see, which means we would be watching the show instead of getting annoyed with the same ole, same ole and tuning OUT of the show.
    Last edited by Jenigirl; 11.21.08 at 10:36 PM. Reason: .