Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: John and Marlena Fired?!

Post Re: John and Marlena Fired?!

What Mom said is a great idea.
    Unfortunately, soap writers have been ignoring what viewers want for years.
    Hence, the rotten ratings.
    People aren't going to watch what they don't want to see.
    I feel the need to write a eulogy for the death of a genre.
    A genre in which soaps were alive and thriving and followed continuing story lines about regular characters.
    Back in the day, soaps had a loyal following.
    People talked about them on a regular basis.
    You just couldn't miss them.
    Not anymore.
    When was the last time a soap wedding made TV history, like the wedding of Luke and Laura on General Hospital?
    Oh wait, that may be the last time a soap wedding made TV history.
    Soaps don't pack the punch they used to.
    I blame that on bad writing and teen-centered story lines.

Re: John and Marlena Fired?!

It's all teen-focused (20 something focused) now. Melanie has to be the worst character I've ever seen. Max is blah and it's all about them now. Who cares about Max?

And I'm sorry, but they try to bring back some of the characters from the 80's...Patch and Kayla. It didn't work. They are the most boring couple and I ff through everything about them. Steve's "sweetness and baby" just doesn't cut it anymore.

Post Re: John and Marlena Fired?!

ITA KrisMich...the teens just dont do it for me. And I LOVED Patch&Kayla in the "old" days(I sound like an "oldster" lol), but now they just dont seem as interesting.
    And yes, I like the idea of fans writing in ideas...often the FanFics that are written on Fan boards are more interesting and entertaining than what's on-screen.

Re: John and Marlena Fired?!

ICAM on the Patch & Kayla thing..it's nice to see their faces but the lack of SL's for them is killing them as a former super couple. And MTJ is sooo right on the lack of hype for daytime weddings. We really just have to face it...soaps are going downhill and theres nothing we can do about it. So sad.