Thread: Some random thoughts

Post Some random thoughts

Did anyone see the Truck race tonight? I watched the end of it to see who was gonna win the championship. I really like Benson so I was happy to see him win it!
    Anyone see DW on This Week In Nascar today? It was a special edition and they asked DW about the chase and how in the beginning he was not a fan. He said yeah he had his doubts and they've been proven to be true, that the chase is not working. YAY! I wish someone in charge would listen! He pointed out how the chase was created to make drama and excitement and make for a close race for the championship and that there is no chase in either the truck or Nationwide series and yet they both have tighter, more exciting championship races than the cup series. YUP! That's what I'm saying! The chase is a snoozer for me!! I keep thinking I'll get used to it but I honestly think I hate it more every year.
    Something's gotta give cuz I miss my Nascar love. lol
    So, you guys know how I feel about the chase, I'm wondering what you guys think about it? Do you like it, love it, hate it, couldn't care less about it? I do know a couple of people who like it, but I don't get it. But I'm curious about how, if at all, the chase has impacted your enjoyment of the sport.
    It was great to see DW again today! I miss him.

Post Re: Some random thoughts

Hey Tigger! I did watch the truck race. More often than not, they are more exciting than the Cup races! I also watched the Nationwide race too. WHY? Because both of them had close championship races! The Chase has made the Cup series LESS exciting instead of more.

I think the Chase could be held responsible for some of the sponsorship woes out there too. What sponsor would want to be on any car that's not in the Chase during the last 10 races of the year? Unless they cause a wreck or win the race, the other 31 cars are just filler, which is tragic.

For the last few years I have found the beginning of NASCAR season much more exciting than the end.

Re: Some random thoughts

I missed the Nationwide race, I don't think I saw one full Nationwide race this season. ICAM about the chase making the series less exciting! The entire Homestead race was a joke, the announcers kept trying to make something sound dramatic about the possibility of JJ not winning the championship but it was annoying. At one point they said something about Tony Stewart and I was like, "Oh is he in this race too? I thought it was only Edwards and Johnson!" Like you said, the other cars are just fillers unless something dramatic happens. The other thing that bugs me is that the whole chase talk starts before the season even begins! I would just like to enjoy this day's race without talk about how it affects the entire season and all the made up drama about the chase.
    Anyway, sorry for the rant. I hate what they've done to Nascar. :-(
    The worst part is that every year I go through major withdrawals when the season is over and this year I am almost relieved not to have to worry about seeing the race and making sure I have enough space cleared off my dvr for it. I hope next season goes better. Maybe we need to find a way to make it more exciting for ourselves. lol
    So, how did you do in your fantasy racing?
    Congrats on a great year for Edwards.