Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I'm Listening To The Radio This Morning

Post So I'm Listening To The Radio This Morning

And they are taking caller comments on the election.
    I listen to a team of four AM guys who were mostly pro-Obama.
    So this caller says, "I'm really glad the way the election turned out.
    And now we get to once again become the great country we used to be."
    And these mostly pro-Obama guys slammed his ass, as well they should have.
    And I quote...(comment from one of the DJ's)...
    "Wait just an effing minute. This country has always been great. No matter who our President has been. So don't make it sound like our country is going to be 'brought back to greatness'...just because we elected a black man. Because that is not the case.
    America is great, has been great, and always will be great.
    Obama is not the Second Coming who is going to lead us back to greatness. He's just another man who was elected President."
    Had I been in the same room with the guy, I would have hugged him.
    I am so sick and tired of this "Great One" ideology about Obama.
    And it was nice to hear some reality from one of his supporters.

Post Re: So I'm Listening To The Radio This Morning

You don't think our image was severely damaged during the Bush years? Hello! Guantanomo Bay, Abu Ghraib, illegal war, illegal wiretapping? And that's just a few.
    This is ridiculous- those AM jocks, and you surely know what the caller meant. Sure- we are a great country........but that greatness was tarnished during the past eight years. There's just no denying that.
    I think the caller meant....and I feel the same way.......that we're looking forward to our country once again becoming the beacon for freedom, the leader in responsible behavior, and paragon of morality.

Re: So I'm Listening To The Radio This Morning

lets begin by providing 14 yr old children with abortions their parents don;t know about..France would be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    and I feel the same way.......that we're looking forward to our country once again becoming the beacon for freedom, the leader in responsible behavior, and paragon of morality.
    No wonder you like Michelle Obama.

You don't think Guantanomo Bay and Abu Ghraib were stains on our country? You don't think our reputation and image around the world were severely damaged during Bush's presidency? You don't think Bush's illegal actions of wiretapping US citizens without warrants was an assault on our constitutional freedoms?
    Our country is only great as long as we preserve and protect the things that make it great.

You don't think Guantanomo Bay and Abu Ghraib were stains on our country? You don't think our reputation and image around the world were severely damaged during Bush's presidency? You don't think Bush's illegal actions of wiretapping US citizens without warrants was an assault on our constitutional freedoms?
    Our country is only great as long as we preserve and protect the things that make it great.
    Reines. I'm wondering how you feel about cameras at stoplights? Or cameras being used on contruction zones to catch speeder...or not even in construction zones, but anywhere? This isn't a condescending question. I'm really wondering.

What does that have to do with our country making it offical policy to torture, abuse and degrade people.......which is totally aginst the rule of law and international treaties that we signed?
    I'm not sure what a camera at a stoplight has to do with a president who commits war crimes in office......and acts illegally against the citizens of our country.
    Are you seriously comparing a camera in public (which is legal, BTW) with the systemic use of torture by our CIA and military?

What does that have to do with our country making it offical policy to torture, abuse and degrade people.......which is totally aginst the rule of law and international treaties that we signed?
    I'm not sure what a camera at a stoplight has to do with a president who commits war crimes in office......and acts illegally against the citizens of our country.
    Are you seriously comparing a camera in public (which is legal, BTW) with the systemic use of torture by our CIA and military?
    NO...you mentioned the wiretapping. I was just wondering how you felt about being video taped every damn place you go. If I wanted a bitchy condescending answer I would have asked for one.