Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth on THE VIEW

Post Re: Elizabeth on THE VIEW

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    I don't know any abortionists.......but I imagine they feel like they are helping the mother. And I'm not so sure that these abortions are done as cruelly as you portray. I've got to do some more reading. I'm not saying you're lying........but there's so much mis-information and exaggeration in this issue that sometimes it's hard to learn the truth.
    I agree. The misinformation and exaggeration occur on both sides according to the agenda each one has. But if you research it, you will find it is not a very humane practice. Yes they seem to focus on the emotional factors of the woman, which is fine.
    But I know if it were ME, I would be much worse off emotionally knowing my severely malformed baby were being mutilated in that way. I would feel much more at peace being able to perhaps hold it, give it comfort, if even for 5 seconds. but that's just me.

Re: Elizabeth on THE VIEW

Well at 16 weeks of gestation a description from a nurse who had to sit in on an abortion. She described the needle that is injected into the placenta then the fetus filled with saline solution which pretty much burns the baby alive. The baby was moving away from the needle and she was upset to watch this baby being injected with a solution that was going to kill it.

These things are imaginable to me. How a doctor can murder babies I just dont understand. You cant be thinking of the baby as a baby if you can do something so cruel. I have read up on a lot of abortions and how they are performed so I can be informed when I decide if I am going to vote to ban or not ban them. I can't sit there knowing how these things are performed and think its ok to have something like this legal

Post Re: Elizabeth on THE VIEW

Quote Originally Posted by dylanangel75 View Post
    Well at 16 weeks of gestation a description from a nurse who had to sit in on an abortion. She described the needle that is injected into the placenta then the fetus filled with saline solution which pretty much burns the baby alive. The baby was moving away from the needle and she was upset to watch this baby being injected with a solution that was going to kill it.

These things are imaginable to me. How a doctor can murder babies I just dont understand. You cant be thinking of the baby as a baby if you can do something so cruel. I have read up on a lot of abortions and how they are performed so I can be informed when I decide if I am going to vote to ban or not ban them. I can't sit there knowing how these things are performed and think its ok to have something like this legal
    I absolutely agree with you. I think people that fight so feverishly for it really have never taken the time to THINK about what is really happening. This tiny human being is being burned alive, ripped limb from limb and vacuumed out. It is awful. Just awful.

ok..lets look at some real stats....instead of guessing from our feelings shall we?

Percentage (13-20 weeks is overtly disgusting too)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-term_abortion

Number of abortions that occur
    http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/Abort...A0%A0%A0%A0%A0

If 1.4% of abortions are done over 20 weeks that equates to 18,102 per year.....seems like quite a few to me.....

More disgusting facts:

Why Abortions Are Performed

The overwhelming majority of all abortions, (95%), are done as a means of birth control.
    Only 1% are performed because of rape or incest;
    1% because of fetal abnormalities;
    3% due to the mother's health problems.
    Source: Central Illinois Right To Life

Reasons Women Choose Abortion (U.S.)

Wants to postpone childbearing: 25.5%
    Wants no (more) children: 7.9%
    Cannot afford a baby: 21.3%
    Having a child will disrupt education or job: 10.8%
    Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy: 14.1%
    Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy: 12.2%
    Risk to maternal health: 2.8%
    Risk to fetal health: 3.3%
    Other: 2.1%

The net is that most abortions are done for selfish reasons, not the health of the mother, the child's condition or rape/incest....for those that celebrate it, I just cannot understand what the joy of it is. What is so horrible, is that abortion is not rare, it is an accepted method of birth control. Perhaps some of these liberals should look at facts more than feelings when making decisions all around.

wow 4000 babies murdered a day. I just shake my head at this

More late term stats....

13-15 weeks 5.9% = 76,287
    16-20 weeks 4% = 51,720

Lets add it all up...annually in the US there are 146,109 late term abortions (ie after 13 weeks) WOW...that isn;t many? (per Reines)

I thought I would post a few pics of what those BABIES look like at those ages:

Weekly growth from 13 weeks
    http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-deve...mages-13-weeks

Weekly views from "mommy"
    http://www.medicinenet.com/fetal-dev...ow/article.htm

Tell me...based on the REASONS why women have abortions, why is it so celebrated and accepted?

Mini, I agree and am of the same mindset that banning late term abortions is the beginning of the slippery slope across banning all abortion. And that scares me because Ive been faced with the law overriding my Dr's ability to provide quality medical care for a life threatening pregnancy and having to travel out of state and blah blah blah.

So I will always be pro-choice because I think only a Dr has the training and authority to diagnois these issues. In my case it had to happen, but I know others who carried a baby to term knowing it would deliver and die within hours. My heart grieves for them and I'm awed by their strength. But if you had told me at 20 weeks I'd have to carry my son to term, deliver and watch him gasp for breath and die immediately I'd have been in a psych unit for those 20 weeks. So I don't believe politicians have any part in the process.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for abortion or late term abortion and I agree with JennyC that babies can be saved. I'm also adopted and I'm a HUGE proponent of that first and foremost. I do think that we look at extremes when we talk about sensitive issues like this. I would rather advocate for other methods of not getting pregnant in the first place than face the idea of banning abortion procedures.