Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth on THE VIEW

Post Re: Elizabeth on THE VIEW

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    Jenny -- I have a confession to make.. I've never delivered a baby... My sons (whom I love dearly) are my stepsons from Randy's first marriage. So.. I see what you are saying above... just understand that I don't have your experiences.
    Well I still believe that although you've never delivered a baby, you are a thoughtful and intelligent enough person to see how even in the instances I described above, puncturing the skull and aspirating brains just is not necessary.
    I wonder if anyone would advocate doing such a thing to a person who was, say, in a car accident and unable to live without life support? So should we start puncturing their skulls and sucking their brains out too? Of course not. Why do we find this practice ok when it comes to tiny human beings? I just don't get it.

Most of these babies have sever malformations....or they are dead. Should a woman have to carry around a dead fetus for another month or two? Can you even imagine the pain?
    My problem with all this is that pro-life people make these out to be things women do on a lark....like one day they just got tired of being pregnant and decided to kill their baby! When the reality is that either the baby is dead or malformed...with no hope of being saved or having any kind of life...........or the mother's health is at risk.
    Jennyc....you and I were very lucky- we had (I think I remember from your past posts- if I'm wrong, please tell me!) normal pregnancies resulting in normal babies. Can you even imagine the heartache and pain of finding out the baby you are carrying is severely malformed...or dead, when you've already carried him or her for seven months?? Or having to make the choice to abort your baby because your own health or life is at stake?
    I can't. And I can't judge those who did have to make that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    Most of these babies have sever malformations....or they are dead. Should a woman have to carry around a dead fetus for another month or two? Can you even imagine the pain?
    My problem with all this is that pro-life people make these out to be things women do on a lark....like one day they just got tired of being pregnant and decided to kill their baby! When the reality is that either the baby is dead or malformed...with no hope of being saved or having any kind of life...........or the mother's health is at risk.
    Jennyc....you and I were very lucky- we had (I think I remember from your past posts- if I'm wrong, please tell me!) normal pregnancies resulting in normal babies. Can you even imagine the heartache and pain of finding out the baby you are carrying is severely malformed...or dead, when you've already carried him or her for seven months?? Or having to make the choice to abort your baby because your own health or life is at stake?
    I can't. And I can't judge those who did have to make that choice.
    I had fairly normal pregnancies, yes. Preterm labor with the first one but managed to keep her cooking long enough!
    I don't know if you're not reading my posts or what tho.
    Obviously if the baby is already dead, it's dead. I'm assuming they're not sucking it's brains out if it is. And if it is severely malformed with no chance of survival, then deliver the baby via c-section and allow it to die warm and comfortable. Isn't that the very LEAST we can do? And one particular late term site I looked at tonight said they perform elective 2nd trimester abortions.

I would think there are reasons for why they do what they do.........and I sure hope it isn't insurance policy that demands an abortion instead of a C-section. Although it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Do you think doctors would be deliberately cruel to a fetus??
    Just another reason why we need national health care.

I would think there are reasons for why they do what they do.........and I sure hope it isn't insurance policy that demands an abortion instead of a C-section. Although it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Do you think doctors would be deliberately cruel to a fetus??
    Just another reason why we need national health care.
    I don't think there's a medical reason, no. I think it's just easier to kill it than to take the time to be kind and gentle. I don't think an abortionist sees it any differently than a surgeon removing a tumor from a breast. Really.

Well that surgeon makes sure you have anesthesia at least.

Well that surgeon makes sure you have anesthesia at least.
    Well, I meant the abortionist likely views the BABY in the same way the surgeon views the tumor he removed. Nothing more than a nuisance to be removed.

I don't know any abortionists.......but I imagine they feel like they are helping the mother. And I'm not so sure that these abortions are done as cruelly as you portray. I've got to do some more reading. I'm not saying you're lying........but there's so much mis-information and exaggeration in this issue that sometimes it's hard to learn the truth.