Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: balanced media coverage?

Post Re: balanced media coverage?

megan...congrats on your 6 figured salary.. too bad you don't realize that it is a result of individual freedom that was laid down by our founding fathers in the constitution that barak would rather use as toilet paper than read...

people having the right to make as much as possible based on their effort and ideas.... people not having the right to vote their way into more successfule people's pockets.... gov't not having the right to take 1/2 of everything you make...

it's no secret what made us the best...it's no secret what made us an economic superpower....individual freedom...freedom from the collective masses...

12% of the population made 100k when reagan took over; 24% did once he left.... that happened because he removed the shackles of excessive taxation and regulation... the rest of the world soon followed suit....

Re: balanced media coverage?

BE, you are lumping people together again. Of course I realize that, and I'm a HUGE advocate for it. I've said that before. Its replies like yours that make it so incredibly hard to keep posting on this board.

My reply was that there are democrats who do believe alot of the same ideas as republicans in regards to fiscal conservativeship and who do give, regardless of what pundits and various studies have to report.

God, what happened to actually listening to each other rather than painting everyone in black and freaken' white? Do any posters here really know each other?? Or is all about liberal vs conservative? Truly, to have a discussion with somone requires a certain amount of respect and that gets lost in so many of these posts, from all sides (Reines included)

What's klpo mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MeganG View Post
    God, what happened to actually listening to each other rather than painting everyone in black and freaken' white? Do any posters here really know each other?? Or is all about liberal vs conservative? Truly, to have a discussion with someone requires a certain amount of respect and that gets lost in so many of these posts, from all sides (Reines included)
    Hi Megan... I understand your frustration when posts are misunderstood. I don't think the board is all about the extremes anymore. We lean this way and that... certainly some more than most. I've personally been very torn during this election and have also come to realize that I am a mixed bag when it comes to issues. I'm glad to see many posters here, like you, that look independently at issues instead of viewing elections as a team sport. Anyway -- keep posting --
    MC

Jenny -- enlighten us... klpo? I'm assuming it's a TM acronym... Happy Halloween everyone -- on the west coast, I'm still answering the door for the Trick-or-Treaters..
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    Jenny -- enlighten us... klpo? I'm assuming it's a TM acronym... Happy Halloween everyone -- on the west coast, I'm still answering the door for the Trick-or-Treaters..
    HAHAHAHA
    I'm sorry you guys. I had written a post to Megan, then realized she was replying to heartpulse, or passions, or WHOEVER you ARE! Kidding passions. But I'm with mini on this. Can't call you heartpulse. I have a new name for you that I can get behind.
    GOCUBBIES!! hehe
    Ok anyway, I deleted the post, and had to type something in the body before it would let me for some reason. So just typed klpo. Was trying my best to think of something funny it could stand for but I'm tired. So I told truth instead!

I don't see anything wrong with my post.. it is very valid to point out the democratic platform and come to the conclusion that "spreading the wealth" not only contradicts our constitution but the principles capitalism...

there is nothing American or patriotic about the gov't confiscating 50% of what anybody makes in this country... and I find it a very valid argument to point out someone who has done the neccessary things to get to that 6 figured salary then vote for a party that wants to take more of it.. your extra income is better off in fancy restaruants, buying nice clothes, buying nice cars...remodeling your home..investing your extra money so others can finance homes and cars... many people with lesser incomes depend on those like you because your spending creates jobs.. and that spending is REAL job creation...the AMERICAN way... it is DIRECT wealth flow with no beaurocratic strings attatched to it and it ALWAYS trumps the DEMOCRATIC way which funnels it to D.C. and it sits there while the politicians scuffle over where, how and how much it is doled out... what's left over is anybody's guess..

so yes..call it what you want but I do have valid issues when someone who has reaped the rewards of their efforts like you obviously have yet for whatever reason feel compelled to think your extra money belongs in D.C. rather your own neighborhood..

I do not advocate a society with no gov't.. it is a neccessary part of society.. pooling our resources has created highways, military might that is un-paralleled in human history, space exploration and other social things that personally I think should be handled a different way but I guess that's another story...

taking 1/2 of what a person makes is immoral and it is pure theft and it not only is raping the person who is forced at gunpoint to pay it, but it also deprives those with lesser means of picking themselves up by the boot straps and creating a better life for themselves as well...

Lol! I saw the edited line in the message. No need to be sorry, gave my brain something to work on.

And I'm all for Go Cubbies. Being a Red Sox fan my whole life, I so know your pain!! I'm rooting for the cubbies every year these days.