Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: balanced media coverage?

Post Re: balanced media coverage?

I think it's no secret that Obama is a great campaigner.
    I don't think he'll be a great president.
    He obviously has no problem dividing America, encouraging class warfare, and lying.
    Yes. I think he is lying about a lot of things. Unfortunately people are eating it up.
    Unfortunately I think they are going to have a discovery similar to the one my dog had this morning. I was unwrapping a package of bacon, and of course Ed was sitting right there in case he got lucky and I dropped something. Well, I did...I dropped a scrap of paper from the packaging. He immediately moved in and grabbed it...only to chew awkwardly at it. It did taste a bit like yummy bacon I suppose, since it had been surrounding it. But he was having trouble chewing it. He wouldn't give up on it until I pulled it from his mouth and showed it to him, and he could see that it was just paper, not bacon! I could just see his thoughts "awww man. But it TASTED like bacon!!"
    haha
    Well, Barack Obama is that bacon-flavored paper. And his supporters are all my dog.
    You will eventually have to accept that he isn't bacon. Just bacon-flavored paper with little of the value or happiness or satiety you think he will bring you.

Re: balanced media coverage?

The analogy made me laugh because I had a yellow lab and he'd eat anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganG View Post
    The analogy made me laugh because I had a yellow lab and he'd eat anything.
    Well, Ed is a chocolate lab! And he will quickly scarf up anything I drop. Even onions.
    he's so silly.

That's just your opinion, jennyc. Obviously, millions of people feel differently! We'll see..........won't we?

Re: balanced media coverage?

Huh. Yeah. I thought that's what this message board was about. Opinions. NO?

For sure! I wasn't being critical! Who ever said you couldn't express your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    That's just your opinion, jennyc. Obviously, millions of people feel differently! We'll see..........won't we?
    Millions of people also feel he's the WRONG choice.
    Unfortunately this country seems to want to become a country of slovenly do-nothings
    who rely more and more on the ever-decreasing people who still want to DO. And on the government to hand things to them and tell them what to do, how to think, etc.

And I reject totally your vision of the world! You seem to have this strange idea that Democrats are lazy and just want a handout. (On the other hand, your hubby insists that all the Dems are rich! Go figure- but that's another post) I've got news for ya, jennyc........there are just as many Republicans now asking for help from food pantries and churches as there are Democrats. There are just as many Republicans now unemployed and unable to find good jobs as there are Democrats. There are just as many Republicans wondering how they are going to manage retirement as there are Democrats.
    We've got serious, serious problems in this country.......and they aren't going to be fixed by name-calling and partisan camp building.