Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: balanced media coverage?

Re: balanced media coverage?

Well...Clinton and Bush were both Governors. They both had executive experience. Ah Cheney and Rumsfeld held SEVERAL cabinet positions and ran BIG companies..again...executive experience..but running a campaign...now THATS leadership..OMG!

Do the comparison...holy cow!! how could anyone even suggest there is a comparison of qualifications?

Cheney...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney

Rummy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld

Obama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Post Re: balanced media coverage?

Experience is only one aspect of leadership, alexc.........and considering the results of the "experienced" Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, well, vastly over-rated!
    It's interesting that you keep circling back to the experience thing. Do you think it will matter anymore now than it did a year ago?
    You don't get it- people want CHANGE. In a change year........experience just doesn't matter. Clinton tried running on the experience thing- it didn't work. And it hasn't worked for McCain. Why on earth would you think it suddenly will now?

got it...experience doesn;t really matter.......huh?

"It's interesting that you keep circling back to the experience thing"

..is this the twilght zone? You are stating that experience is overrated for the job of POTUS? WOW..I am not sure how to debate an opinion like this. I actually dont think I even want to.

Thats right experience doesnt matter for president now VP thats a whole different story! Wow its like a whole different set of standards are applied for Obama. Funny how Palin has more experience that Obama, but people are like hey he wrote two books hes qaulified! What kinda drugs were these people doing in the70s

forget the 70s they must be on them now!

Quote Originally Posted by alexc View Post
    got it...experience doesn;t really matter.......huh?

"It's interesting that you keep circling back to the experience thing"

..is this the twilght zone? You are stating that experience is overrated for the job of POTUS? WOW..I am not sure how to debate an opinion like this. I actually dont think I even want to.
    Oh c-mon alexc! Yes, experience is not the most important thing when voting for president- do I have to remind you of the great presidents who had little experience? Sometimes a candidate comes along who's inspiring enough to make people take a chance- and this is one of those times. From what I've read about Obama.......and how he's run his campaign........I feel very comfortable voting for him. Despite his little experience.
    In a "change" year, other things trump "experience"- don't you think? How did it work out for Clinton- running on "experience"? How is working out for McCain?

One of the clients I work with is a HUGE supporter of McCain and worked endlessly on his primaries campaigns. Even he has said from the perspective of running a campaign, that Obama did a better job. He said McCain has run an awful campaign in the last 8 to 12 weeks where Obama was spot on.

This from a man who worked on it and is still a complete supporter.