Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: balanced media coverage?

Re: balanced media coverage?

Yes -- But it's unlikely that the responsible party is Obama... A good campaign, definitely. Does that make a good POTUS?
    MC

Well I look at it this way...both Clinton and Bush (W) didn't have tons of experience and the main difference I can see is that Clinton is really, really smart and Bush is an idiot. I'm willing to take a chance on another really smart guy with not much experience. McCain's last two months have changed my mind completely. Up until then I was on he fence.

Post Re: balanced media coverage?

Also, not sure it matters if Obama is the reason for his good campaign...he hired whoever is doing it and that shows extremely good judgement.

He may very well be the best thing since sliced bread, eh?
    MC

Hey Carrie - Didn't Clinton have 2 terms as a Governor behind him? If I recall correctly... that's not "little experience"..
    MC

I don't consider being governor of Arkansas as alot of experience as compared to Dole or McCain....etc...

And the person that is responsible for Obama's campaign is the probably the best thing since sliced bread...I think he/she is equivalent to Rove on W's campaign.

Oh yes.. he/she (bad me)!

I disagree with you about the Arkansas thing.. though...
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    Yes -- But it's unlikely that the responsible party is Obama... A good campaign, definitely. Does that make a good POTUS?
    Not so unlikely........Obama has shown that he's very good at delegating responsibility. He's put in charge of his campaign two exceptionally smart and talented men who've done an excellent job.
    I think the way he's managed his campaign probably tells us a lot about how he's manage the presidency. Of course it's totally different.......but the basics- surrounding yourself with able, talented people you can trust, listening to those people, and delegating responsibility appropriately are the same.
    Nobody knows what kind of president Obama will be......or what might happen while he's in office. But, IMO, the fact that he's run an excellent, capable campaign is a good sign. It doesn't mean he'll be a perfect president (is anyone?) but it sure makes it more likely that he won't screw up as much as some do!
    Experience is overrated- just look at Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld!