Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: balanced media coverage?

Post Re: balanced media coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by heartpulse View Post
    Hmmm GOCUBBIES? Well at least its a NL team! You better be careful trying to tell the truth hear JennyC, it can get you in trouble
    I know!! I've figured that out! Who's your team?

Re: balanced media coverage?

the Braves! I have been a little spoiled with them. Not making it to playoffs last few years has been rough lol

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post

the less we tax, the more the private sector prospers and gives the people independence and self sufficiency and makes them less reliant on govt..
    But that never happens. We haven't "prospered" under Bush's three tax cuts- things have only gotten worse. What's really happening is that the wealthy are squirreling all that money away for their private conspicuous consumption- and the hell with anything else!
    CEO pay used to be about 35 times the average worker's salary- now it's 435! Did all that extra go into providing stable good jobs or well made products? Nope. It went right into the offshore bank accounts of the wealthy.

Re: balanced media coverage?

I'm not disagreeing with saying enough. I'm absolutely on board with that. But I don't know that McCain or Obama will do that. Lobbyists run DC and they control just about everything. I'm interested in how we say enough to them?

ICAM with waste in schools as well. I'm a huge fan of vouchers. NCLB was doomed from the start. Its federally mandated, yet funded at a state level. And if the school fails its AYP, and you're in a district where ALL the schools failed, you are screwed as the case in my city. So I'm paying high taxes on property and paying for private school. I'm not blaming the teachers either, I blame the administration and poor planning from a Federal level down. Teachers are good people who want to teach. They are handcuffed by red tape with NCLB, its crazy.

ICAM about lobbyists! Unfortunately.......they think their activities are covered under the 1st ammendment.
    I don't have a clue how to get money OUT of politics.....but I know that it's corrupted the whole system......and is the reason why nothing gets done that actually helps people.
    One thing that might help to start with is only have public funding for these campaigns. The people have to get mad and demand it though! And that never seems to happen.

hey reines.. so what do you think about how barak lied about how he was going to fund his campaign?.. do you feel comfortable about all foreign dollars coming to him?..please don't waste this board's time trying to refute it either.. your man is getting such a free pass on this crap it is pathetic..
    megan g.. thanks for the comments regarding vouchers.. despite our little spate a while ago, I respect your opinions..regardless of whether we disagree on a few things I really appreciate your experienced greivenances on how screwed up our public education system is and your support of vouchers... I really thing you are going to be a republican soon as long as we can re-gain our foundation in the constitution like reagan fought for... I'm more of a pro-life libertarian that pulls the lever for the repubs with my fingers clinching my nose!!! LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by heartpulse View Post
    the Braves! I have been a little spoiled with them. Not making it to playoffs last few years has been rough lol
    Spoiled, huh? I wouldn't know what that means! I'm a Cubs fan.
    They take us to the edge of heaven, and then......get swept in the first round!
    aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Obama never promised to fund his campaign with public dollars- strictly speaking, that's just not true.
    My personal opinion is that all elections should only be publicly funded- enough of this outrageous amount of money being spent!
    And the foreign money thing is ridiculous- McCain also takes contributions from foreign sources- so what?