Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: so i thought we were getting a warning?

Re: so i thought we were getting a warning?

Don't worry. We're working on preserving the old board "tree" (aka, "threaded") style. We're part way there already (see "display mode" and switch to "threaded"), but our intention and goal is to make it so that the threaded mode looks and behaves just like the "old school".

BTW: the reason for the change is not because we prefer the new form over the old (although many, many people do and haven't hesitated to tell us so over the years), but because we needed to change to a system that worked more efficiently on the server.

I have been using the threaded mode and noticed that it gives the tree before the messages now. This is a nice improvement towards bringing the user friendly feel of the original Coffeerooms to here. I think the part that I'm missing is where one could scroll down a page and see all the threads and the replies on one single page. Here I'm still having trouble not getting lost.

Hiya jgk!

I would try Hybrid then if you're wanting to see more posts at a time. In Hybrid, you still get the tree on top, but the post you click on and all of it's replies show up beneath the tree, rather than just the one post.

Enjoy!
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

It's unfortunate you seem to feel strongly about the changes HaleyD. Initially I felt like you when I strolled on to my "home" board after a vacation and saw little signs of big alterations. After one big heavy sigh, I decided.....'ok, I can do this'....and proceeded to play around for a bit. Now, mind you I'm not a young woman so I don't have the same sense of adventure when faced with change, but at my age change seems to be the order of the day. Too my surprise, and a rather odd sensation of gleeful accomplishment, I had the new format figured out in just a couple minutes and voil`a! I discovered I love it! It's actually very easy to get about, new bells and whistles to play with, and I'm even popping into other areas's of the Coffeerooms, which I NEVER did before! Give it a go girl, but you, and your boardmates when they return, are going to love it!
    Ta ta! Tango

Post Annie, Mike, and Oda, are we going to have a change in this board ...

so we can choose the option of having it appear more like the old boards? If not, I know many of us are feeling we won't post anymore. Not because we don't want to, but because it seems to difficult. We've all tried boards like this and this one and still can't seem to navigate with ease. There is no overall view of what's been posted. Going from the subject line to find the posts leaves us confused when we want to find that spot again because so many times the subjects change within the thread, just like any conversation.

Anyway, Mike, are you still working on that? Can we please stay on the old style until that change is made? I fear we will lose touch with a lot our friends when we move if the style isn't similar. Thanks!

Hi,
    Nobody's telling you to leave the old boards.
    Yes; I'm still trying to find a way to make the new boards behave more like the old ones. Some progress has been made; it's in the "Hybrid" view. Try that when you're over here.

Thanks!

Post Re: so i thought we were getting a warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
    Hi,
    Nobody's telling you to leave the old boards.
    Yes; I'm still trying to find a way to make the new boards behave more like the old ones. Some progress has been made; it's in the "Hybrid" view. Try that when you're over here.

Thanks!
    I use the hybrid view and that helps. It's just that you still have to click onto each subject to see it in that format and when I forget which subject something was under I can't tell where to look for it. The topics go from the subject at the top to all different things sometimes and the subject line itself doesn't tell me what's under it. Anyway, I end up clicking and looking and feeling lost, as well as it being time consuming. The overall view of all topics AND their replies is much easier from that standpoint. Thanks for all your hard work!

Post Re: so i thought we were getting a warning?

Quote Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
    I use the hybrid view and that helps.
    Thanks for the feedback on this stuff. It's very helpful to hear these things.