View Poll Results: Which display mode do you use?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linear - Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously

12 48.00%
  • Threaded - tree view, similar to old boards

6 24.00%
  • Hybrid - a mix of both Linear and Threaded

7 28.00%

Thread: POLL - Display Mode

Post POLL - Display Mode

We really want to get a handle on what you, the users, are using the most when viewing threads here. Please take a quick moment to select which one you prefer in the poll at the top of this page.

Thank you very much!
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Re: POLL - Display Mode

As a responsible voter, I'd have to have seen examples of each type to choose a preference, but, erhm, I guess that's not what you're asking.

I use whatever the default is, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasmosaur View Post
    As a responsible voter, I'd have to have seen examples of each type to choose a preference, but, erhm, I guess that's not what you're asking.

I use whatever the default is, I guess.
    Hiya Chasmosaur
    The default is the linear mode. However, if you'd like a view that more resembles the old coffeerooms style, you might prefer Threaded mode. There are answers in the FAQ I posted in the Q&A forum on how to switch these, etc.

I hope this is helpful! Please don't hesitate to ask. You can post it anywhere here and I'll find it or you can contact me directly via oda@w3pg.com.
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

I didn't even know there was a choice! I just experimented quickly with them all, LOL. Personally, I love the uniqueness of the old Coffeerooms board, simply because it's so easy to see the new posts. They are all right there. You don't have to keep going into different threads. It's the only board I know of of its kind. The others, including my own, are all of the linear variety.

I tried the threaded option here, but I don't think I really like it within the boxes...and the hybrid is similar. I think on this kind of board, I prefer the linear, but definitely with the old posts first within a thread, because I like to see how the conversation develops. Plus, in fanfic, everything is backwards with new posts first!! But, within the forums, it would be good if new topics could be first, I think. Because what happens as the boards get busier and we get a lot of topics? Will the newest ones be on page 20 or so? That would be tough. So I think I'd like to see the newest topics first in a forum, but the oldest posts first in a thread.

This is a great looking board, and I bet people will really enjoy coming here when they get used to the change!! Love the avatar option too! It helps personalize things. And the fact that we can keep all the fanfic chapters together and subscribe to those story threads...that's awesome!!