Thread: I want Roland & Joan to stay together!

Post I want Roland & Joan to stay together!

Who else hopes to see things work out, or am I just a hopeless romantic? When he gestured her to come to him after the standoff, I cried.
    My so-called life...

Re: I want Roland & Joan to stay together!

She's scaring me a little. I want them to work it out, and I think the "coming home" story is an important one to tell, but I hate to see him go through all of it. It's good, though, to see what it might be like for an Army husband, for a change. Typically, when the story is told, it's the wife dealing with a returning husband who is not the same person who went over.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

I hope so too. This character pair is a terrific idea; a great twisting of the typical military drama setup -- and one that matches contemporary real life much more than, say, the farcical "G.I. Jill" or the brush-off "Courage Under Fire".

I hope that the Bush & Cheney families are watching. Maybe this big pretty TV-show view of Joan's life and its effect on "Joan & Rowan" will help to get a sense of what they're really doing.

Is it "Rowan" or "Roland"?

I had to check... he's listed as Roland.

I'm afraid that even if the Bush or Cheney families watched, it wouldn't make a dent. I think they are pretty hopeless. Maybe if their kids were directly involved...
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Hmm ... funny how Price Harry is willing to go to war and has to be told not to ... only thing I remember the Bush twins being told not to do was stop drinking underage!

OK, I digress.

I think this series is very timely. I love that they have a woman in an officer's role, and that her husband is a professional who kept moving forward with his career and life in her absence while still keeping her in his heart. You won't see Roland at a "Joey" bar for men! I love the actor who plays him, in fact I think both the actor & actress (Joan) are outstanding in their roles. She's playing a character that is hard to trust and like ... I hope she gets an Emmy nomination, she's way better than any of the Desperate Housewives actresses. ;-)
    My so-called life...

Didn't like her very much in the beginning, but since she's developed a personality - the last couple of shows - I'm liking her better. I, too, hope she and Roland can work things out, but they might be more interesting apart.

I love the actor who plays Roland too. What a find he is. The ensemble (Claudia Joy, Denise, Pamela, Roxy and Roland) is awesome; and so is the show.

I want them together too. I'm hoping they will work things out. Mainly, I don't want Roland to go away and not be on the show anymore. I love the fact that they put an Army Husband into the mix. It really works for this show.

Post I want Roland Joan to stay together

as we know my boyfriend is enlisted i want to enlist i have wanted to for a while he says its a bad idea and that i shouldnt i need non bi est opinion?