Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stupidity

Post Stupidity

When I watch Days all I have are questions because the writing is soooo stupid.

Why would Celeste call Anna? Celeste never knew Anna! Why would she call Anna to inform her that Tony and Stefano are back in Salem. Anna was not in Salem! Why would Tony have letters from Co-Leen and Santa Claus? Why would he leave them with Anna? Why does Stefano want to end the so-called vendetta? Why don't the Brady's tie Shawn Sr. to a chair and tell him he can't have any more Guinness until he spills the beans about Co-Leen and Santa Claus? Am I the only person that doesn't give two sh!ts about this storyline?

Post Re: Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    When I watch Days all I have are questions because the writing is soooo stupid.

Why would Celeste call Anna? Celeste never knew Anna! Why would she call Anna to inform her that Tony and Stefano are back in Salem. Anna was not in Salem! Why would Tony have letters from Co-Leen and Santa Claus? Why would he leave them with Anna? Why does Stefano want to end the so-called vendetta? Why don't the Brady's tie Shawn Sr. to a chair and tell him he can't have any more Guinness until he spills the beans about Co-Leen and Santa Claus? Am I the only person that doesn't give two sh!ts about this storyline?
    No, you're not. I'm pissed off too. It's really REALLY stupid. If Co-lleen and Santo were such a BIG secret, then yea, why did Tony have their letters? OH OH, it's cause he's Andre right? Yet another stupid plot device that pisses me off. So where's real Tony then? Most likely on yet ANOTHER stupid tropical island. (Seriously, you'd think Salem was in the Carribbean!) That's where sweet little miss sunshine Tony lives, pining away for his beloved Anna. Oh give me a break!

It's stupid how much Stefano favors EJ. Just because he looks like his father? I caught a bit of yesterday's Dimera family meeting. It was like battle of the fake accents in the friggin' gay looking DiMansion. It's pink and gold for crying out loud! Did Marlena decorate it?? Geeeez. Why in the HECK would Stefano want to END the "vendetta" anyway? He's always taken pleasure in controlling people's lives. Why stop now? The Brady's never did anything to him really, except Roman, back in the day. The Brady's are weak lily-livered morons who sit around, eat pie all day and argue about who's going to do what. They can't even frickin' call their own family meeting. John has to do that for them. And seriously, Shawn Sr. just spill it already before I die of boredom. Caroline, you should have stayed with Victor. At least he knew how to get business done.

I suppose they dropped the stem cells story. Good for them because that was 7 layers of stupid right there, but of course, why'd they waste time on it in the first place? And now who's the father of Sami's demon spawn? No worries! Mommy will change the results for you, Sami dear! What? What? Not ethical you say? You don't say?!! You who changed your sister's blood tests so John wouldn't be the father? You who kidnapped her and tried to sell her on the black market? You who drugged and raped Austin? You who kept the paternity of your OWN child a secret from his real father? Oh yes, Sami O'Brady, you are truly the moral pillar of Salem, let us bow to your prowess.

And just as a side note...I just love how Belle and Shawn are so totally unconected to this all lol.

HOW someone could look just like their great aunt or uncle or whatever is ALSO beyond me. The EJ/Santo and Sami/Co-lleen star crossed lover story makes me gag. They should finish the story right and have them both commit suicide in true Romeo and Juliet fashion because goodness knows I'm sick of them.

I frickin' hate this story. I can't enjoy the characters I once loved because they are trapped in this pathetic excuse for a soap.

Oh my, LaMariposa, that was a beautiful rant! I totally agree with every word!!! I guess Stefano wants to retire and play chess 24/7 now. It just pisses me off to no end that Stefano is suddenly all concerned with Co-Leen and Santo. He never ONCE mentioned them in the past! Sheffer is the worst writer we've had yet!

Re: Stupidity

Brilliant rant LaMari! And there is sooo much more that is wrong with all of this!

Thanks guys, I was in a real ranty mood lol

I stopped watching Days a few years ago.........but recently watched a half hour of it. Oh my! I see it WAS possible for the show to get worse. Seriously folks, this show is about as bad as soaps get now. The dialogue is atrocious. I see I made the correct decision to switch to General Hospital. Days should be cancelled- it's an embarrassment to the genre.

Talking Re: Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by La Mariposa View Post
    No, you're not. I'm pissed off too. It's really REALLY stupid. If Co-lleen and Santo were such a BIG secret, then yea, why did Tony have their letters? OH OH, it's cause he's Andre right? Yet another stupid plot device that pisses me off. So where's real Tony then? Most likely on yet ANOTHER stupid tropical island. (Seriously, you'd think Salem was in the Carribbean!) That's where sweet little miss sunshine Tony lives, pining away for his beloved Anna. Oh give me a break!

It's stupid how much Stefano favors EJ. Just because he looks like his father? I caught a bit of yesterday's Dimera family meeting. It was like battle of the fake accents in the friggin' gay looking DiMansion. It's pink and gold for crying out loud! Did Marlena decorate it?? Geeeez. Why in the HECK would Stefano want to END the "vendetta" anyway? He's always taken pleasure in controlling people's lives. Why stop now? The Brady's never did anything to him really, except Roman, back in the day. The Brady's are weak lily-livered morons who sit around, eat pie all day and argue about who's going to do what. They can't even frickin' call their own family meeting. John has to do that for them. And seriously, Shawn Sr. just spill it already before I die of boredom. Caroline, you should have stayed with Victor. At least he knew how to get business done.

I suppose they dropped the stem cells story. Good for them because that was 7 layers of stupid right there, but of course, why'd they waste time on it in the first place? And now who's the father of Sami's demon spawn? No worries! Mommy will change the results for you, Sami dear! What? What? Not ethical you say? You don't say?!! You who changed your sister's blood tests so John wouldn't be the father? You who kidnapped her and tried to sell her on the black market? You who drugged and raped Austin? You who kept the paternity of your OWN child a secret from his real father? Oh yes, Sami O'Brady, you are truly the moral pillar of Salem, let us bow to your prowess.

And just as a side note...I just love how Belle and Shawn are so totally unconected to this all lol.

HOW someone could look just like their great aunt or uncle or whatever is ALSO beyond me. The EJ/Santo and Sami/Co-lleen star crossed lover story makes me gag. They should finish the story right and have them both commit suicide in true Romeo and Juliet fashion because goodness knows I'm sick of them.

I frickin' hate this story. I can't enjoy the characters I once loved because they are trapped in this pathetic excuse for a soap.
    That was the most beautiful thing I've ever read!!!!

There are many who don't like it, like yourself, and just as many who are interested in it. They just don't speak up for the lashing LOL